09 May 2014

Finding June Tour Stop!

Finding June Banner1  
91Ptasyi3LL._SL1500_
Tell me your story June....

June thought she had it all. She soon found out how wrong she was. Her dreams of finding the good life were washed away when she was dumped on the sandy beaches of Mexico. Now back in Boise as an overeducated server, she doesn't even know where to begin on fixing her life.

But one thing June does know is the new guy at work is one to stay away from. Reece Day catches June's attention, even if she doesn’t want it. Reece has the uncanny ability to always get in the last word, to get under June’s skin, making her question what she really wants in life.

June quickly realizes that for the first time in her life, she finally has the chance to find herself.

*Finding June is recommended for ages 17+ due to adult matters*
add-to-goodreads-button31  
I found this book to be a wonderful change of pace for me.  It was a breath of fresh air because it was realistic and although it appeared to be aimed at the young adults just starting out in life, as a middle aged woman I found many parallels in my life as well. 
June has finished college, prepared to start her new phase in life with her boyfriend; things took a turn when he tells her he needs to break up so he can go pursue his dreams.  He felt June had no goals, no desire and no ambition and he didn’t want to be held back.  What could she say?  He was partially right; she didn’t have any plans past being with him. 
Deciding that she needed a break, a fresh start to figure out what she wanted to do, she left for the summer.  Not understanding that life answers don’t just fall from the sky she is forced to come back to her old job still stuck in the unknown.  The difference is, her friend had been making arrangements for June’s life during the summer and plans on helping the new employee Reece become a part of June’s life.
I loved how the author gave us a chance to see ourselves in June.  As we all grow older and accomplish a phase in our life, we must face the new chapter and decide how we are going to write that chapter in our lives.  June was looking at a blank slate, too confused to make a choice,and frustrated at being misunderstood.  People kept pushing her to make a choice, like she was enjoying being in this limbo.  The hardest situation was feeling that Reece could be her answer with his support and encouragement, yet being afraid she would lose herself again in another man if she gives in.  Through it all June never lost her sarcastic charm when dealing with people.  I found myself laughing during this book and feeling her confusion and fear.  She was a real woman who would tell you like it is and admit when she was just not sure what to do. 
This was a story of June, writing the next chapter of her life, finding the definition for her being, seeking the goals she longs to have but most of all being willing to accept whatever it is she finds on this journey.  Once she finds and accepts the real June, will she be able to allow Reece to love and accept her as well? 

I placed a kiss on his forehead like he had done to me so many times. I then kissed each of his closed eyes, moving down to the tip of his slightly crooked nose. He started to make very appreciative noises, as I finally kissed him softly on the lips. This finally woke him up and his eyes sleepily opened. Yep, this was perfection right here. I went in to kiss him again, and this time he was responsive as he kissed me back. We made out like teenagers hiding behind the bleachers, we couldn’t get enough of each other. His kisses were addictive and all I wanted to do was lie in this bed and make out all day. I didn’t even care about moving forward, this kissing was amazing. Reece shifted and suddenly I was underneath him, his hands running up my body.
Okay, maybe I did want to move forward.
His mouth moved to my neck, using his warm lips to lazily trail hot kisses from below my ear to my collarbone. His hands moved underneath my shirt and laid heavily on my waist as he claimed my mouth again. His hands and mouth were making me feel like there was this burning heat deep within me, coursing through my body, lighting me up and trying to find a way to shine, to release the built up energy. Our kisses were innocent in nature, but made me feel like I was drowning in desire, gasping for air and searching for the surface.
Suddenly I heard a Jolene say from below, “Incoming!” I tensed as I heard it, and then I felt something hard hit the bed. I gave a loud eek as Reece chuckled and moved away from me to find the object that had ruined the moment. Reece searched through the down comforter that was in a tangle of knots to find an orange.
Hooker was throwing fruit at me!
“Jo, what the fuck? Why are you throwing fruit at us?” I yelled as I reached for my glasses.
“Breakfast, come down and get it! Sounds like you guys need some fuel,” Jo stated.
I knew she was just trying to piss me off. I wasn’t making that much noise. Was I? Oh fuck, I probably was. As I swung my legs over the bed, Reece stopped me. “Wait, one for the road,” he said, leaning me back and kissing me.
I could get used to this.

7275968
Caitlin Kerry is obsessed with the stories we tell. Her love of reading and writing led her to accomplish a goal she set for herself at the age of seventeen. She has a degree in History and Political Science and is only a semester away from a Masters in Public Administration. Caitlin is an avid tea drinker, hopeful adventurer, lover of music and often finds the best medicine is the quiet of nature.
When Caitlin isn't writing or reading she usually can be found enjoying the great outdoors with her geologist husband, always looking for the next adventure. She currently resides in Southeastern Idaho. I love meeting new people. Feel free to say hi!
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment