24 May 2014

Hostile Ground by Witt & Voinov

 After the deaths of three undercover cops investigating a drug ring in a seedy strip club in Seattle, Detective Mahir Hussain has been sent to finish the job. He joins the club’s security team in the hopes of finding enough evidence to bust the operation before the men in charge find a reason to put him in a shallow grave.

To protect the strippers, only gay men can work the club. Ridley, the cold and intimidating head of security, knows exactly how to test potential new hires—including Mahir. From the minute they meet, Mahir and Ridley engage in a dangerous dance of sex and mind games. Mahir needs to find his evidence before Ridley figures out he’s a cop—and before they both grow too close to betray one another.

As the game goes on, Mahir burrows deeper into the operation, where he learns there’s much more happening than meets the eye . . . and why every cop who made it this far has been silenced with a bullet.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20650630-hostile-ground?ac=1

This was another insane book that caught me completely off guard with the twists and turns, how well written the story was and just everything about it. And then when I realized who wrote it, I went “no wonder” because this writing duo has become one of my favorite writing duo’s that I have read. Solely because they both have an extremely well writing style.
The character development in their stories are done so well that you just can’t help but to fall more in love with the story as you turn the pages, just solely based on the character.
Once again, I’m not a big fan of cop books, but this one did catch me off guard with how much I enjoyed it and how I didn’t want the story to end. I do hope that in the future this duo will do another book having to do with Mahir and Ridley characters because they have become two of my favorite characters when it comes to cop books that I have read in a really long time.
One thing I really enjoyed about the story is that even though the sex scenes between the two; they didn’t overtake the whole book. There was enough drama and suspense happening in the book that the sex scenes actually ADDED to the story, instead of taking away from it.
I really can’t wait to see what this writing duo has for us in the future. And I really do hope that there will be another book with these characters in the future. (Hint Hint!)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1626491240/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1626491240&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/hostile-ground-la-witt/1118719249?ean=9781626491243&itm=1&usri=hostile+ground

0 comments:

Post a Comment