10 May 2014

Poster Boy by Anne Tenino

 It's all fun and games until someone puts his heart out.

After being outed to his hockey team and then changing schools, Jock figures he’s due for something good—like the sex he missed out on in the closet. Toby, the hot grad student he meets at a frat party, seems like a great place to start, and their night together is an awesome introduction to the fine art of hooking up.

Toby’s heart takes a bruising after the near-perfect experience with Jock leads to . . . nothing. He’s been left on the outside as his friends pair up into blissful coupledom, and he’s in danger of never completing (or starting) his thesis. Can’t something go right?

Then Toby’s coerced into chaperoning a Theta Alpha Gamma trip to France. Not that he’s complaining. What better place to finish his thesis and get over that frat boy? Except Jock’s outing is leaked to the press, turning him into an unwilling gay rights martyr, and he decides France would be a great escape, too. It’s a break from reality for both guys, but they soon find their connection is as real as it gets.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20795658-poster-boy?ac=1

I’ve read a few of this author’s books in the past, and while I liked them, they didn’t stick out in my mind in any great way.  However, this one still stands out even after it being some time since I have read it.
One thing that I do enjoy about the style of writing that this author has is that there isn’t a lot of focus on the sex parts of the story. Don’t get me wrong, there is still sex happening, and it is very well written, but it doesn’t overtake the whole story. There were plenty of other things happening in the story that kept me so entertained; at times it was like the pages couldn’t turn quick enough!
I do think that Jock was my favorite character from this book.  The inner battles that he was having during the course of the whole story were just amazingly well written and almost lifelike to me personally. I did enjoy how it wasn’t an “insta-love” type book, but in fact it was one that was filled with Jock and Toby learning how to be with each other.
I give mad props to Toby’s character, because even though he knew what he wanted, he was still willing to wait for Jock to realize what it was that he wanted as well. He wasn’t pushy in any sense, but he was there to just help Jock realize what it was that he wanted.
I really enjoyed how the author brought back Brad and Sebastian. They both played important roles in this book, but not so much as to where they took over the story with what was going on with them. They were in the book just the right amount of time, and it was still great to be able to catch up on their relationship and see how they were doing.
Overall, this is by far my favorite book that I have read by this author. And not only that, but one of my favorite books that I have read so far this year.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JTMWD1E/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00JTMWD1E&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20&linkId=X47OOJ76WHCIXVLG   http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/poster-boy-anne-tenino/1119274595?ean=2940149519514&itm=1&usri=poster+boy    https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-posterboy-1444671-149.html?referrer=52378e08e5757

0 comments:

Post a Comment