20 May 2014

The Billionaire Banker by Georgia Le Carre

When Lana Bloom learns the devastating news that her mother is dying, she is faced with a terrible dilemma.  The one thing that can save her is the one thing she does not have.  For young and innocent Lana, the unthinkable becomes her only choice.

But when she walks through the door of that exclusive restaurant she has no idea of the seismic shift her life is about to take, for the highest bidder will not be the rich man she has accompanied.  Fate drops her at the feet of the deeply mysterious and dazzlingly gorgeous American banker, Blake Law Barrington.  Throbbing with raw masculinity and arrogance, this is a man who owns all that he pursues.

And now he wants her.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18634471-the-billionaire-banker?ac=1

I just finished The Billionaire Banker and I liked it.  What would you do if your mother was dying?   Just about anything right?  Exactly!!  Lana’s mother is dying.  She has cancer and her treatment will cost her a fortune.  So she decides to offer herself to the rich, disgusting looking millionaire.  She doesn’t value herself well so she thinks that is what she is good enough for.  As she is meeting this vial man, she happens upon Blake, the Billionaire Banker.  She feels things for him that she was not expecting.  Blake wants her so he offers her double then the other guy and because yucky guy hasn’t paid and she wasn’t really feeling it either so she takes Blake up on his offer.  There are so many secrets between them and they start to come out slowly so do you think Lana made the right decision choosing him?  You will have to read and see.


I liked the story, for me it was kind of like Pretty Woman meets Fifty Shades of Gray.   Rich guy, poor girl and then poor girl signs a contract because rich guy doesn’t want his secrets spilled.    It was kind of predictable at times, did it take away from the story for me, a little just because I wanted to be surprised.  The one thing I didn’t like about the story was the layout between conversations.  At times, I didn’t know who was talking.  I don’t know if it was the editing or how it was laid out on my kindle but at times I was confused and it took away from the story for me.

Blake, Blake, Blake.  I just don’t know about him.  I’m not sure I could feel his voice.  Yes, he’s rich and yes he’s handsome but I just didn’t feel it.  He wants Lana and will do anything to have her, love that part of it.  Dominant men do it for me so I stuck with the story.  Lana is a sweet innocent girl and only wants to save her mother.  I totally get that.  The chemistry between them to feels one sided and cannot tell who side I’m reading.  You usually can feel both when reading it but I just don’t know. 

I’m sticking with it because it was a cliffy and want to see what ends up happening.  I’m hoping I get into more of the characters so we will see


Georgia Le Carre lives in England, in an old 19th century romantic cottage surrounded by a magical garden filled with fruit and walnut trees. When she is not feeding words into her laptop, she is either curled up in bed with a box of chocolates and a good read, or lost in a long walk in the woods. Especially on moonlit nights. And often with the man of her dreams.

0 comments:

Post a Comment