01 June 2014

High And Tight by Vanessa North

 Pilot Adam Walker has had one great love in his life: Harris Kingston. But twelve years ago, when he accepted a scholarship and joined the Navy, he chose duty to his country over love. Their on-again off-again relationship was never more than private joy, a frustrating fact of military life.

Harris never wanted to be anyone's dirty little secret. When Don't Ask, Don't Tell was repealed two years ago, Adam broke his heart one last time. He's picked up the pieces and moved on, building a great career and dating guys who aren't afraid to be seen in public with him. But when Adam strolls into his salon asking for a haircut, his newfound happiness goes to hell in a handbasket.

Adam's been at war with himself for over a decade. Now on the verge of leaving the military, he's desperate to court Harris the right way and be forgiven. With two weeks' leave and a Navy man's conviction, he's ready to start over…if he can convince Harris he's ready to come out and commit.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20926062-high-and-tight?ac=1

This story really caught me off guard with how much I enjoyed it. I was a bit weary when I read the blurb, because it seemed to me like there wouldn’t be anything that made the story stand out from other romance style books out there. But I was very glad when I started reading it, that I was drawn into the story and couldn’t put it down once I started it.  It was even to the point where I wanted to know more about Adam and Harris.
One big thing that I enjoyed about this book would be Harris’ character. I loved the fact that he didn’t change who he was for Adam, and he was still who he was in the past. It was really great to see that he was completely comfortable with who he was and not worried about what others thought of him.
Adam’s character was really well written also. When he would be talking about how much it hurt him to not be with Harris, you could feel the pain that he was dealing with. You could tell how he truly felt towards Harris, and he was willing to do whatever it takes to be with him.
The only reason why I didn’t give this book a 5 star rating was because it did feel very very predictable right from the start. I suppose I was hoping for a bit more drama to happen that would keep me on my toes but there wasn’t anything that did that for me during this book.
Overall though, I did still enjoy the story and I will be sure to check out other books by this author in the future!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I15YGBU/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00I15YGBU&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20&linkId=MECNINX4EGYXGGS3   http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/high-and-tight-vanessa-north/1118327875?ean=9781426898303&itm=1&usri=vanessa+north    https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-highandtight-1469883-149.html?referrer=52378e08e5757

0 comments:

Post a Comment