03 June 2014

The Chronicles of Moxie by Z.B. Heller

Moxie Summers is a curvy, twenty-six year-old teacher who has not had the best track record with relationships. In a drunken stupor at a bar, she meets Miles who turns out to be her sparing equal, until she vomits all over his shoes. Just when she thinks things couldn’t get worse, her dream man turns out to be the single father of the newest student in her class.

While fighting an attraction for Miles, Moxie’s conniving stepmother tries to advise Moxie she needs to get in shape if she’s ever going to catch the man of her dreams. To make matters worse a Girl Scout plans Moxie’s demise, a surprise party makes everyone blush, and then there was the skunk…

Can Moxie overcome all the Girl Scout cookies, food poisoning and a showdown at Costco to get to Miles?

Due to the hot, steamy scenes and Moxie's filthy mouth this book is intended for 18+
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21033741-the-chronicles-of-moxie

This book was actually recommended to me by an author who I follow on various sites. When I read the first little teaser, I knew that I had to read this story, and I am so glad that I did! There were parts of the story that had me laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe, and there were parts that were so lifelike, so filled with emotion that I felt my heart breaking for Moxie.
With this being Ms. Heller’s first book, I was completely shocked at how well the story played out. As I mentioned before, there is a lot of emotions that come forth while reading it, to the point where I just couldn’t put the book down.
Moxie’s character is one that felt very life like to me personally. The things that she has gone through, and is still going through, are things that happen to everyone at some point. With that said, Moxie also has an amazing sense of humor throughout the book:

“Even though I was drunk enough not to feel my feet, looking at this man made my cocoon of love stir and I wanted his caterpillar nestled in it.”

“Ryan looked at me. At least I thought he was looking at me. I really wasn’t able to focus. “I’m gay.”
“I thought your name was Ryan.” I laughed at my little joke. “It’s a good thing you didn’t give me an orgasm yet. I would have shouted the wrong name,” I added with a drunk hiccup.”

“I treat Hollywood entertainment like my holy grail. If a super couple breaks up, I write them a letter and offer couples’ counseling. If a celebrity goes to rehab, I start a donation collection at school to send them a fruit basket. When Kirk Cameron went all super freaky religious, I wrote him a letter saying that Jesus left a message on my voice mail and said to tell him to tone it down.”

Now my only real complaint about this book, and sadly I do have one even though I loved the story overall, is that Miles character didn’t really get that much attention I felt like. Whenever Moxie was in a scene, she has the type of personality to overtake it all. And that’s what she did to the big extreme.
But even taking that into consideration, I still loved the story and I really hope that we will get some more of Moxie in the future!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KEWMG2O/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00KEWMG2O&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20&linkId=FYTEJPL5IJQUTXYG    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-chronicles-of-moxie-zb-heller/1119561645?ean=2940149498093&itm=1&usri=the+chronicles+of+moxie

0 comments:

Post a Comment