07 July 2014

A Dance With Domination by K.C. Wells

Recently returned to the UK after living in the States since he was eleven, Andrew Barrett is determined to keep busy and make a new life for himself. He works full time as a copywriter and strips at a club on Canal Street on weekends. But it still leaves him too much time to think. Then he finds the BDSM club, Collars & Cuffs, where at twenty-nine, he is their youngest Dom. Young doesn’t mean inexperienced, however. All this activity keeps him focused with no time to dwell on the past. But the past has a way of intruding on the present.

It’s been four long years since Gareth Michaels last set foot inside Collars & Cuffs. But when he finally summons his courage and steps back into his former world, he finds the man who drove him away is still a member, and what's more, he wants Gareth back. Two men in pain need the freedom they find in each other, but it takes another man’s horrific plans to make them see it.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22061453-a-dance-with-domination

I must admit, I was not aware this was part of a series when I started this book, but I have decided I must go back and get the ones prior to this because the characters are that fabulous and I need more of them. 
A Dance with Domination is a cleaver story balancing Andrew’s pole dancing with his being a Dom at the popular Collar and Cuffs club.  While I first thought this was going to be a cluster “mess” I was very impressed with how the author made this work.  She showed us how he dominated the audience with his dance and seductive ways, while giving them a performance that they craved.  It was similar to how he did his rope art and dominance at the club, it was a performance for on lookers and his submissive.  While doing both of those, he had a full time job after recently coming back to the UK from Atlanta.  Hoping to leave his pain and memories of Brian behind him, he started fresh in the UK and began to make new friends at Bliss, the place he danced at.  One of those friends was Gareth.
Gareth was also a pole dancer at Bliss and was eager for Andrew to teach him new moves so he could earn more money.  Trying to recover from a traumatic event at Collar and Cuffs a few years ago, he longed to be dominated but feared he would suffer at the hands of a Dom once again.  Finding out by following Andrew and putting the pieces of Andrews’s mannerisms together he realized that Andrew must be a Dom and was even more attracted to him.  The point in the story when Gareth finally took control to let Andrew know he wanted him was very seductive yet had a romantic quality to it.
It was a slow burn before they finally became a couple but then things started happening and the past reared its ugly head again.  Thankfully the friends they have acquired helped them find their way through the muck and to each other again.  Some of the BDSM scenes were pretty intense yet artfully done.  There was an element of education for the readers regarding gay BDSM versus hetro BDSM and I was impressed in the way the author was able to convey the facts in an entertaining way. 
I was so drawn to the club owners I was compelled to see if there were other books out by this author that would give me the back story to them and the subs they had saved from abuse.  I will certainly be spending time in the first three books of this series and providing reviews soon.  

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one yet... I've read the other 3 and I LOVE them!!! An Unlocked Heart is my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She made me a fan with the forth book so now I need to read the first three and get to know all of the characters and their stories. :)

    ReplyDelete