03 July 2014

Ember Yearns: The Seeker by Ditter Kellen


 After a night of incredible passion in the arms of Angelo Dimitrov, Ember betrays his trust to save a young woman from the serial killer known as the Seeker. With determination as her guide, Ember faces her biggest fear and runs headlong into the killer’s path, but things aren’t always as they seem.

Angel has never been more frustrated with another person than he is with Ember Wells. The beautiful vixen captured his heart, even as her reckless behavior spawns his rage. Amidst the lies and confusion, one thing is clear: Ember's in danger. Now Angel must become the hunter and pray he's not too late.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22247146-ember-yearns?ac=1

Well it was a good thing I was home alone when I reached the end of Ember Yearns. Had I been in public, I would have offended parents and religious people with what came out of my mouth. I have a love-hate relationship with The Seeker series. I love the books, but hate that they end so abruptly on a cliffhanger ... who am I kidding, I love that too. It's like watching a suspenseful TV show where you get so drawn into what's going on that you lose track of time and just when you think it's time for the big reveal, BAM! ... the episode is over and you have to wait for the next one to find out what happens. If someone had ever told me that I would get drawn into a series of novellas that did the same thing, I would have called them crazy, but ... my name is Angela and I am addicted to The Seeker series by Ditter Kellen.

In this this installment, Ms. Kellen provides us more insight into Ember with the introduction of her cousin Shon. Because of the way Shon has changed since the last time they saw one another and the ruler contest Angel and Shon engage in, we get more insight into Angel as well. While the Seeker continues to evade them (maybe) and threaten Ember's safety, we see Ember and Angel clash as his protective and possessive natures emerge. And although old school ideas and modern feminine independence don't go well together, it certainly makes for some SERIOUSLY hot sex. Good grief those two were lucky they didn't catch on fire. If their sex life gets any hotter, death by spontaneous combustion is a real possibility (I'm just not sure if it's mine or theirs that is more likely).

Due to the nature of the storyline, I'm at a loss to refer to specific events because of the risk of spoiler reveals. I can say that if you enjoyed books 1 & 2, you will definitely enjoy book 3 - but be sure to read it in private because the author tortures (or treats, depending upon your perspective) you with another well played cliffhanger ending that will leave you rabid for the next book (or at least it did me). Oh Ms. Kellen, please write faster!
 Amazon || B&N || ARe

0 comments:

Post a Comment