06 July 2014

Gabriel's Redemption by Sylvain Reynard

 Professor Gabriel Emerson has left his position at the University of Toronto to embark on a new life with his beloved Julianne. Together, he’s confident that they can face any challenge. And he’s eager to become a father.

But Julianne’s graduate program threatens Gabriel’s plans, as the pressures of being a student become all consuming. When she is given the honor of presenting an academic lecture at Oxford, Gabriel is forced to confront her about the subject of her presentation – research that conflicts with his own. And in Oxford, several individuals from their past appear, including an old nemesis intent on humiliating Julia and exposing one of Gabriel’s darkest secrets.

In an effort to confront his remaining demons, Gabriel begins a quest to discover more about his biological parents, beginning a chain of events that has startling repercussions for himself, Julianne, and his hope of having a family.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16247792-gabriel-s-redemption?ac=1

I’ve read the other books in this series and I completely loved them. I personally can’t get enough of them even after re-reading them multiple times. And as much as I want to say that I loved this book just as much, I can’t.
Don’t get me wrong, I did still enjoy the book, but I did have to put it down a few times and then convince myself that I was going to have to finish it. I am glad that I did just for the fact that now I know what happens between Gabriel and Julianne and what their future holds.
Now the reason why I didn’t love it like I did the others, because Gabriel is a jerk. Plain and simple. There were a few scenes in the book, the ones where I had to put the book down because I was so mad, that I honestly couldn’t believe how self-centered he was. And I was also extremely disappointed in Julianne as well. While I do understand that Gabriel is important to her, she had no problem choosing him over her family members that needed her at the time. To me personally, that’s wrong to amazing levels.
Despite those facts, I still couldn’t NOT finish the book. And that is the simple reason why I rated this book the way that I did. I wanted to find out what was going to happen between the two of them. And I wasn’t disappointed in the slightest with the amount of drama that happened between them. There was enough of that happening in the story that it kept me entertained and on the edge of my seat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment