29 August 2014

King Cave by Scarlett Dawn

 The long-awaited sequel to the bestselling, award-winning King Hall: the revolution is here, but the most dangerous attack may come from within...

The safe, comfortable world of Lily Ruckler and her fellow Mystical Kings and Queens is rocked to the core by the attacks at King Hall. Not only does Lily have to kill the Commoners attacking her people, she also has to assume the mantle of leadership, and bring the surviving Mysticals to King Cave.

It should have been too much, but she is not alone. Ezra becomes her rock, her best friend, the one person who understands. As Pearl and Jack struggle with inconsolable loss, Ezra and Lily work to keep the Mys community safe in their new home, and plan a deadly retaliation.

Their friendship saves them both...but it also draws attention. Whispers. Judgment. It's not normal for Shifters and Vampires to be friends, and when a horrifying truth is revealed, their relationship morphs from unusual to unspeakable. Lily is good at keeping secrets that could get her killed. Is she willing to risk Ezra's life as well?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18518269-king-cave?ac=1

I have been a total fan of Ms. Dawn since a complete fluke happened a while ago and I found King Hall and fell in love with it!  I seriously couldn’t get enough of the book and I was so glad to start reading this one because I had such high hopes for it, and I can say that I wasn’t disappointed in the slightest when I finished this book.  Ok that’s a fib, I can’t believe she did this to us!  Why the cliffhanger Ms. Dawn?!?!?!?
But besides that, I do have to say that you do need to read book 1 in the series, King Hall, to be able to fully understand this book because there is just so much action and details that you will miss by not reading it.  I was so glad with how things played out in this book though because some of the unanswered questions that we were left with after book 1, were answered in this book.  But on the same hand, we are left with a bunch more.
I did enjoy being able to watch as the characters grew more in this book and were able to come into their own throughout the book.  The different strengths that each of them had were expanded upon and matured in their own sense. 
Overall, I really enjoyed this book so much that I can’t wait for book 3 to be released because it was that amazing!  Ms. Dawn has a fan for life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment