20 August 2014

My First, My Last by Lacey Silks

 Fate has kept them apart for twenty years.
Their roads hadn't crossed and the stars didn't align until now...

Matured, more experienced, pierced, tattooed and hot as hell, Adrian steps back into Mia's life to reclaim his first love.

And the moment she sees him she can't even remember her own name.

Adrian Reed had always remained in Mia's heart. After all, he was her first boyfriend and the man she'd lost her virginity to, but that was twenty years ago. His sudden appearance at a bar, on a girls night out, has Mia acting like the fifteen year old girl she was when they parted.

But life now is not as simple as it was twenty years ago. With two kids, a hopeful ex-husband and new insecurities, Mia finds opening up to a new relationship more challenging.

Will she give her first love another chance, or will she push him away, this time for good?

Warning: Content for mature audience only. 18+
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22042818-my-first-my-last?ac=1

Adrian Reed. He is absolutely perfect. I don’t have many book boyfriends, but Adrian has just joined the short-list. He’s a hot, tattooed, pierced bad boy … on the outside. On the inside, he’s a total romantic who is still deeply in love with his first love, Mia. Even after 20 years, he loves her as much as the day he let her go. So much so, that he’s moving his company half-way around the world so that they can have a second chance at love. Now if THAT is romantic, I don’t know what is.

As much as I love Adrian, I adore Mia. She divorced her husband a year ago for infidelity, yet still manages to maintain an extremely amicable relationship with him for the sake of their children. While she has some insecurities regarding Adrian’s reappearance and his long-term intentions, they’re quite reasonable considering their history and her divorce and Ms. Silks presents them in such a way that Mia doesn’t come off as an overly-angsty character. Both Mia and Adrian’s characters are so realistic that I found myself connecting to them almost immediately. It was a joy to witness the rekindling of their love as their relationship was reestablished and strengthened. The chemistry between Adrian and Mia was amazing, making the sex scenes unbelievably hot. Again. Adrian Reed. New book boyfriend.

Ms. Silks has written a beautiful second chance romance that was a delight to read. That said, I need to apologize to Ms. Silks for all of the curses and nasty names I called her in my head when I started reading chapter 29. I literally had to put my Kindle down and walk away from it for a little bit. While it was not the way I wanted the story to go and I didn’t expect to need tissues while reading My First, My Last, I understand the author’s decision for taking it in that direction and it only made the epilogue that much sweeter. This book has definitely earned a spot on my re-read list.

0 comments:

Post a Comment