31 August 2014

One Night of Sin by Veronica Velvet

 Lissette Banning spent all of her time with books. As the head librarian, she was there from open to close and almost always alone. One snowy night will turn into a blizzard of sin and make all her fantasies come true. She will soon learn, some fantasies are better in real life than any of her books.

Sullivan Bixby just came in to call a tow truck. His vehicle stuck in a snow bank, he soon realizes he'd rather be snowed in the library than anywhere else. Can he help Ms. Banning lose her inhibitions? Can he show her the true meaning of pleasure?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21443455-one-night-of-sin?ac=1

One Night of Sin is a novelette about a naughty librarian and a sexy billionaire. The premise of the story is great. While it definitely had its moments - I loved the scene in which he sucks her fingers clean - overall, the story fell a bit flat for me. The dialogue was a tad stiff and formal at times, causing it to seem stilted. And while I enjoyed the alternating points of view as I like getting to see what each character is thinking, I found their internal dialogue to be formal as well. It was almost as if I was reading a diary they wrote knowing that someone would be reading it. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

For me, this was just an okay read. That said, I would absolutely download a sample of the next book in the series to see if I enjoyed the writer's style of writing more in a longer format. Ms. Velvet certainly peaked my interest enough with the sheriff's response to our naughty librarian that I would definitely give it a try. As always, I recommend downloading a sample of the story for yourself and giving it a try if it's the kind of story that appeals to you - just because it didn't make my favorites list doesn't mean it wrong make yours.

0 comments:

Post a Comment