21 August 2014

Stripped Away by Ellis Carrington

 HE DOESN'T RECOGNIZE HIMSELF

David Moorehouse has spent his life hiding behind masks. Nice guy. Best friend. Reverend's kid. After finding his father dead on the floor, he's been stripped of his job at the family church and his identity as the quiet, nice guy. The life he knew is over, and he doesn't know what to do next.

HE KNOWS ANGER BETTER THAN ANYONE

Ricky Slade is itching for a fight. By the time he meets David, he's struggling to save his business, his best friend, his drug-addict brother, and his own sanity. He's got no patience for his business partner's judgmental sibling showing up and getting in his face.

Their furious heat turns into a fiery inferno, but Ricky's fresh off a bad breakup, and David is getting guilt-tripped by his family and his ex. Every time they fight, they fall into bed, but will that be enough when things around them come apart?

Be advised, this book contains: two small town, blue-collar men with big egos and bigger trucks, more emotional baggage than they can carry, and highly-charged man on man action.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22567400-stripped-away?ac=1

It wasn’t until after I finished reading this book and started searching for more from the author that I realized this was book 2 in a series.  So to say that this could be read as a standalone, completely true!  And I can say that after reading it, I can’t wait to start reading the first book in the series!!
I haven’t read anything by this author in the past, but you can be sure that I will be reading more in the future because they have an awesome way about writing a story that even though it brings forth emotions, its not done over the top in any sense.  David’s character was one that my heart completely went out too during the story because I can’t imagine having everything you thought you knew about yourself stripped away and left with nothing.  His situation was one that I know many people have gone through in their lives.
David’s strength is the one thing that stands out the most to me.  Even with everything that was going on, he still had the strength to be there for his friends, and his loved ones.  
Ricky was a character that took a while to grow on me, but he did.  I thought that his tough-guy exterior was one that was really well written because once the shell broke open, it was amazing to see what he was like.
I do think that this was an amazing story.  The story line kept me entertained to no end, I just couldn’t get enough of everything that was happening.  While there was sex that took place, it wasn’t the focal point of the book.  It added to it, and didn’t take anything away.  There is plenty of suspense, action, romance, and good old fashion friendship in this book that will keep you turning the pages.
This author has a complete fan for life in me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment