15 August 2014

Suddenly Tamed by Sarah Vicks

 Because of her… he believes in romance again. Captain Alan Tame is wrapping up the tail end of his commission in India. Just as he's convinced himself to return home to England and resume his life in Brighton, his gaze falls on an enchanting woman. He's captivated by one glance and the pursuit begins no matter that it's a crazy idea.

Because of him… her hope for the future is restored. Devi Derbyshire is the daughter of an Eng-lish military man and his Indian housekeeper. She knows exactly what she wants from life—a home, a family and the love of a good man. But her mixed heritage has clouded her options. One accidental glance across a ballroom gives her heart wings and her belly flutters.

Because of the magic of love… Alan cajoles Devi into a dance, and that one twirl about the floor leads to so much more. On a perfumed balcony, plans are made for an assignation in the court-yard, but before Devi can meet him, she’s waylaid and locked in a tiny room, leading Alan to assume the worst. Only the belief in true love will see them through.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19454148-suddenly-tamed?ac=1

I used to love historical books when I was younger, but as I have gotten older I have seemed to stray away from them.  I had actually seen this book advertised on social media and decided that I was going to give historical a shot again.
And I am so glad that I did!  Even though this is a shorter story, I was still drawn into it and couldn’t wait to find out what happened with the characters.  With the length of it, I thought the author did a great job at keeping my attention and interest throughout it.  And the length did end up helping me in the long run because I didn’t feel like I was reading a huge book that didn’t seem to have an ending in sight.  I really do believe that if this story was longer, it wouldn’t have been as good as it was.
I would recommend this to people who enjoy reading romance that is not about sex.  Even if you’re not a fan of historical stories, this one was still amazing!  I can’t wait to read the next book in the series!

0 comments:

Post a Comment