25 September 2014

Black Heart by R.L. Mathewson

 There was something seriously wrong with Marty. That was the only explanation that she could come up with. Why else would she feel this way for the biggest SOB in town? Granted, he was also the hottest man in town, but he was also arrogant, callous, and determined to drive her away even as he drove her crazy with his touch. She should just walk away from him and probably would if it wasn’t for this connection that she’d always had with him that kept making her want more with the one man that couldn’t give her anything more than heartache.

He should have left and never looked back when he’d decided to finally do the right thing and push Marty out of his life, but instead he stuck around to torture himself by staying close to the one woman that he could never allow himself to have. She deserved better than him, better than the tortured existence that he led and better than the horrifying future that waited for him.

Authors note: This book is different from my other series. It deals with ghosts and soul mates. You may not enjoy this book if you don't enjoy those subjects. Thank you, R.L.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20512368-black-heart

I have been a fan of the paranormal genre since I started reading when I was younger.  And I have been a fan of Ms. Mathewson’s books ever since I found them by a complete fluke.  When I read that this was a paranormal written by her? I couldn’t wait to start reading it, and now I have complete mixed feelings about it!

On one hand, I completely LOVED this book!!  Even though it’s a paranormal, it’s something that is completely different than what I have read recently and I just loved that fact about it.  I enjoyed how this book was like a breath of fresh air in my reading list as of recently.  It was extremely well-written, the story line was one that was just amazing, the characters were some that were very easy to love and enjoy.  There was a ton of action and suspense that took place during the story that kept me on the edge of my seat because I was so drawn into the story, I didn’t want it to end!

Which is what is my other mixed feeling about this story--I didn’t want it to end! And I really can’t wait for the next book in the series to be released because this story was just amazing.  Once all of the pieces came together, it was a very great read for me personally.  It employed all of my favorite parts to a story, and it just kept getting better and better with each page that I turned. 

Overall, I completely loved this book and I can’t wait for the next one to be released!

0 comments:

Post a Comment