29 September 2014

Blood Gate by Amy Lee Burgess

 Vampire Claire finds herself caught in the middle between her Master, Parker, and her Trigger, Andre. Little love is lost between the former friends, but somehow Claire must build a bridge between them when they are sent to Edgewood to settle their differences. The cost of her failure will be deadly.

Deep in the cellars of Edgewood, a game of sexual bondage unleashes unexpected dangers, twisting open, loving Andre into a secretive virtuoso of manipulation. Is this just another part of the game, or is he losing his mind? Parker will take desperate steps to protect his apprentice, but he won’t be dragged into the game with them.

Can Parker set aside forty years of bitter rivalry, or will he sacrifice Andre to save Claire?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22923736-blood-gate


This book was much more in-depth and interesting than the first book.  It was very chilling and frustrating at times for me as a reader since I wanted the characters to realize what was happening.  This book kept me engaged throughout the entire novel and I was happy that I was able to see more insight into both Parker and Andre’s characters.  Claire continued to amaze me with her strength and loyalty.  Her loyalty sometimes worked against her but she always had her heart in the right place. 

The character I did not like in this novel was their Circle Master, Oliver, he was just so conniving and cold.  While I loved Claire’s role in this novel I did not care for the ending.  While the main conflict of the novel was solved the relationship between Andre, Claire and Parker seemed stable at best.  This seemed like a HFN ending and I am wondering if there is going to be another book.  I sure hope so because I feel like after all these characters have gone through both together and separately they really deserve their happily ever after.

0 comments:

Post a Comment