21 September 2014

Holy Frigging Matrimony by Emma Chase

 What does Drew Evans have to say next? Find out in this forty page short story, filled with his sexy charm, unique advice and hilarious one-liners.

Marriage: the final frontier. Steven went first. He was kind of our test subject. Like those monkeys that NASA sent off into space in the fifties, all the while knowing they’d never make it back.

And now another poor rocket is ready to launch.

But this isn’t just any posh New York wedding. You’ve seen my friends, you’ve met our families, you know you're in for a treat. Everyone wants their wedding to be memorable. This one’s going to be un-frigging-forgettable.

Holy Frigging Matrimony takes place about a year after Tangled’s end and is from Drew’s POV
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18282724-holy-frigging-matrimony


Typically I don't buy short stories like this because I consider them overpriced. Honestly, 99¢ for less than 40 pages rarely turns out to be a good use of my money. One of my favorite authors recently released a 140 page novella for the same price, so in my bargain-hunting mind Holy Frigging Matrimony is not a good buy. But because I'm reviewing Twisted and Tamed and had to go back and reread Tangled, I figured I'd grab Holy Frigging Matrimony too so that I had the full story. I mean, it is the wedding story after all. And as it turned out, it might not have been THE wedding I was expecting, but getting back into Drew's head was so frigging worth the price of admission. If you enjoyed Tangled, you'll definitely enjoy Holy Frigging Matrimony too. So go ahead and splurge – you won’t be disappointed.
By day, Emma Chase is a devoted wife and mother of two who resides in a small, rural town in New Jersey. By night she is a keyboard crusader, toiling away the hours to bring her colorful characters and their endless antics to life. She has a long standing love/hate relationship with caffeine.

Emma is an avid reader. Before her children were born she was known to consume whole books in a single day. Writing has also always been a passion and with the 2013 release of her debut romantic comedy, Tangled, the ability to now call herself an author is nothing less than a dream come true.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment