15 September 2014

Jaded Ruin by A.G. Chambers

Jade’s team thought that the destruction of the Intel cult DINM and its leader – Jade’s father – would solve their problems and make them untouchable. It didn’t.
After discovering that the government were funding medical research for a serum that would rip a doppelganger and its human half apart, a process that would kill them, Jade and her team had decided to act.

Then the bomb had exploded and their base – their home – had been ripped away from them, with Adrian still inside.

With no place to hide the team must evade capture from everyone who’s after the bounty on their heads whilst still managing to save a school full of children from becoming lab rats for the serum.

They need help and Jade knows it. But deciding who to trust is becoming more and more difficult with every turn. A gambit with the wrong person might just cost them the lives of the entire doppelganger population.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22185284-jaded-ruin

This book starts off right where Jaded Rein ended, and while that was a really good thing if you have read the others in the series, it’s a bad thing if you haven’t.  The beginning of the book certainly catches your attention and keeps you drawn into the story because you just wanted to find out what was going to happen next.
But, there was a slight problem with it for me personally.  While it was a good read, I did enjoy it quite a bit, even though I had read the other books in the series I did still feel a bit confused because of how long it had been since I last read them.  I think that if I would have known that before starting this book, I would have at least re-read the others so that I was more up to speed on what was going on and what to expect from the characters.
Despite that problem that I had with it, I did still enjoy it because there was enough action and suspense happening throughout it that kept my attention.  I enjoyed how there were quite a few twists and turns in this book that kept me on my toes.  It was also fun to be able to learn more about the characters, and learn more about their pasts.  The things that are talked about in this book, while they could have been described very graphically, they weren’t.  And for that I give Ms. Chambers mad props because I was still able to read and enjoy the story.
Overall I would say that if you are looking for a new series, then I would check this one out.  But be warned, cause there is a slight cliffhanger that will leave you wanting for more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment