19 September 2014

Noble Metals by L.A. Witt

 Ever since Robert Belton gambled away the money to stake his claim in the Klondike gold fields, he’s been stranded in Seattle working as a prostitute. When an attractive customer needs help hauling provisions to the frozen north, Robert eagerly volunteers.

Dr. John Fauth is only searching for one thing, and it isn’t gold. He needs platinum for the prototypes of his revolutionary inventions, and if he doesn’t find it in the Klondike, his university career—and his research—is over.

Getting to the Klondike is a grueling, dangerous journey, and just hours after leaving Seattle, John and Robert find themselves in over their heads. John is carrying an invaluable device that his competitors will do anything to get their hands on. And as the cold nights and mutual desire pull John and Robert closer together, they discover that they have much more to lose than gold or platinum.

(Publisher's Note: This book was previously published by a different press; it has since been edited extensively and expanded by over 10,000 words.)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21530780-noble-metals

I’ll be honest, when I originally got this book, it was because of who the author was.  I didn’t even to think to read the blurb, because I have yet to read a book by Ms. Witt that I haven’t enjoyed.  When I first started the story, I was a bit disappointed.  It wasn’t at all what I was expecting.  But as I got further into the story, I found that I couldn’t get enough of it because of how different it was, and how excited I was while reading it.
Ms. Witt created a world, one that yes to a degree could be based on real life circumstances, but she was able to turn it into something of her own making.  The attention to detail that she gave the characters was amazingly well done, nothing was over the top.  My favorite character would have to be Robert, because even though he was down on his luck, he didn’t give up hope on his dreams.  John’s character was one that did eventually grow on me, but in the beginning, I wasn’t a real fan of his.
This story was one that was full of suspense, desire, mystery, action, and drama.  I just couldn’t get enough of the story and was once again captivated by Ms. Witt’s writing style.  I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a great read that is based more on the travels and the battles that these men faced while trying to accomplish their dreams.

0 comments:

Post a Comment