18 September 2014

The Collar of Freedom Tour Stop!

Amelia Jones knows the truth; she lives and breathes it every day. The endless monotony of a loveless marriage, and years of domestic slavery stretch before her in minutes and hours that are destined to end in a mental breakdown.
Then Alexander Reeves walks through the door.
Her new boss is intriguing, charismatic and clearly driven by unspoken demons, and while Amelia knows she’s playing with fire, she’s relentlessly drawn to the man. Alexander is just as taken by her, but knows that giving into temptation can only end in disaster. When the couple succumb to a passionate, furious battle of the wills, Amelia is thrilled and afraid; Alexander’s erotic preferences are shocking to the uninitiated. The trouble is, wild as his life may seem, Amelia knows that he at least is living. Alexander may bring about her ruin, but he also holds the secret to her salvation, and Amelia prays she might be able to save him too.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22675495-the-collar-of-freedom?ac=1

OMG I love this story and author and I am addicted to this book.  I was in love with the characters and the style of writing so much that I couldn’t stop talking about it. My BFF was sick of hearing me talk about this book as I read it and bought a copy for herself.  Now I am trying to write this review and she keeps messaging me saying “OMG I LOVE HIM”, “HOW DID I GET SUCKED IN SO QUICKLY.” “I LOVE THIS BOOK.”  So it is good to know I was not the only one who fell down on my knees and worshipped this book and author, I have company.
Alexander and Amelia will make you believe in passion and desire at first sight.  Throughout the book their feelings grew into more and they took us readers along for that ride.  They give HOT a new meaning and while I am not a fan of stories with cheating spouses, I have to say this one gave me no problems at all.  Although Amelia was married in the legal sense, emotionally she has been neglected and deprived of the basic needs for years.  Raising her two children and sacrificing her own happiness to keep the boy’s family together, she fights the need and hunger she feels for Alexander.
On a side note, the messages from BFF are still coming in at a rapid rate and the common phrase is OMG, LOVE and HOT………now back to the review.  Alexander is a man walking in a cloud of mystery and past darkness so we really don’t even know who he is till later in the book. I will say that the more I learned about him the more I fell in lust and devotion for him.  We do know from the first chapter he can make a woman melt with a single word, soul melting glare and when he commands the woman’s body responds.  You could tell he wanted Amelia but she was married and therefore he refused to touch her, didn’t stop him from having her touch herself though. 
Amelia’s husband proves that she was fighting a losing battle and that her happiness would never come while wearing his ring.  It was time to move on and find her own freedom which Alexander was happy to help her find.  I really felt he could tell she was miserable and without demanding or pushing he created situations to allow her to prove to herself she deserved more and had the courage to find the woman inside her that longed for hot sex and passion, but most of all love. 
I totally melted when the two would email back and forth, their communication was not only comical at times, and it was sexy and demanding.  When Alex opened her up to submission teaching her to let go of her logical side and just feel him and her feelings, I found it hard not to feel things myself as a reader.  The ending while some might say was a cliff hanger, I felt was more of a stay tuned kind of moment.  There wasn’t a huge gasp and people throwing their kindle across the room, it was more of a “hurry up and get here December 2014, I need more Alexander.” 
I would so recommend this book, well I already have and yes the messages are still rolling in from BFF screaming her love for this book. Her last message “I’m smiling the whole time I’m reading and rushing to get to his next set of words”.  I have certainly moved this series and author to my top five lists and I can promise you I will be reading this one over again before Dec, not because I need a refresher, but because I just need more Alexander.  
“Um, thanks. Again.” I have said thanks a few times but he hasn't replied.
“Stop saying that,” somewhat irritated, he snaps at me.
He is talking.
“And I am sorry,” I continue.
“No!” He turns around, looking at me. “Don’t say sorry. That was not your fault!” In his eyes, I see… repentance?
“And it was yours?”
“Yes.”
“No, it wasn’t!”
He looks through the window again. “I should have been there. I should have never let you walk alone.”
“Alexander,” I touch his shoulder. “Things happen. But you came and you save me. He won’t be bothering me again.”
This has never happened to any of my subs. And,” fraught, he turns to me. “You come along. You fuck up my world. You make me lose my focus, my awareness. You were hurt today. If I hadn’t come back in time, I probably would have killed that man. And what’s more, something that’s new to me, you interfere and I obey? I obey? What is fucking wrong with me? I am not me anymore. I am…you. And that’s your line.” A distressing, poignant expression cloaks his face.
“No! No! Do not say it like that! Do not turn it against me! I forbid you!” He will not push me away.
“You see? We fight and you forbid me?” He reaches out to stroke my cheek but I move away. “Oh, Amelia, what kind of ominous thread have we entangled ourselves with? I can’t stay away from you but, at the same time, you turn me into someone else, someone that’s not me.”
“Alexander,” I know what he is doing. “Don’t push me away, please.” My eyes well up. “I am not frightened of who I am becoming…why are you?”
“It’s you. I can’t think straight with you around.” He sighs. “I found myself in you but you are so vast, I’ve lost myself in there a few times.”
“Your command over me is what you want, right? And you have that! I am under your spell all the time, can’t you see? I follow you blindly far and wide,” I stop and wipe the tears from my face. “Only, when I need a fuck I become this, what you don’t like or want. A brute; defiant, mad, resentful, defensive deity… all for a fuck. Don’t hold it against me. It’s you who made me! I wasn’t like this before.”
“Amelia, we can’t...” he says, saddened. Noticing the car slowing down to a halt, he looks through the window and so do I.
“My house?” A dagger through my heart would have been less painful.
I search for his eyes but he looks away, hiding his face.
“I am let off… for wanting to fuck you?” I ask quietly, in disbelief, with tears surging again, overflowing my eyes. He is quiet, not a word coming from him and, wiping my tears, I open the door, dejected, leaving him inside.
According to Nietzsche, the best author will be the one who is ashamed to become a writer. Hmmm....Times have certainly changed since then. Shame? What shame?
Alexandra, a singing and dancing force not to be reckoned with, especially when she holds a microphone, is someone who imagined her life will be just like in the film 'Grease'. So she found her 'Danny', married him and right at this moment she is annoyed his car doesn't fly.
When she isn't glued to her trusty laptop creating magic, Alexandra prowls the pits of twitter ... find her there if you dare.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment