23 September 2014

To Love and Obey by Mardi Maxwell

 Addison Mathews is the only daughter of a famous mother and a billionaire father. She learned at an early age to be wary of people until she met and claimed Cade Ramsey when she was too young to understand what love was all about. Since then Cade has been her protector and he is one of the few people she trusts as well as the only man she's ever loved. Cade is a former Green Beret who works for a global security company. He's also a Dom who believes that love can't be trusted. He and his four brothers co-own Club Mystique, an expensive and exclusive BDSM club. When Cade decides to give up the Dom lifestyle and settle down he chooses Addison as the perfect woman to be his wife and the mother of his children. Things begin to go wrong when Addison discovers Cade's secrets. Intrigued by the D/s lifestyle she decides to prove to him that she would be the perfect sub as well as the perfect wife. Addison and Cade are two strong willed people, each with their own ideas of what their future should be. Just as it looks like things are working out for them an enemy of Cade's decides to take his revenge by going after Addison. Cade finds himself fighting to save her and their future together.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22344161-to-love-and-obey?ac=1

I have never encountered this author’s work before but I can say that I will not only be finishing this series I will be seeking out more of what they put out.  This book was a mixture of romance, relationship issues, mystery, crime and BDSM experimenting and perfection.  I found it was easy to get sucked into the story instantly and I couldn’t put it down till I had turned the final page.  It has the same structural feel to other BDSM club series where we meet a list of characters in the first book and I am hoping I am correct that each of the following books will allow us to get to know the Ramsey brothers better. 
Addison Mathews was raised by the nanny because her high profile celebrity parents were off living their life and enjoying the world.  They only had her because of the press pressuring them to have a baby so she grew up knowing what it was like to not be loved.  To survive the fact her parents didn’t want her and people only wanted to be friends with her in order to meet her famous parents, she developed the ability to be alone and not trust anyone, except Cade Ramsey and his family until he gave her two choice for her life.  No matter which she picked she would never get the full life she dreamed of with him, yet he would still be the domineering force in her world.
Cade Ramsey was the kind of man who never asked anyone to do anything, his style was to demand.  Being adopted at a young age his biological family left him feeling helpless and out of control.  That will not happen to him again.  He owns the BDSM club along with a secret business that causes him to be gone for weeks at a time.  He has spent most of his life protecting Addison because he knew she was alone in life.  In the process of protecting her he denied her the teenage years and life as a young adult in college that would be considered normal.  Now he has placed a ring on her finger telling her they will be married but he won’t have sex with her.  When the reality of his secret job puts her life in danger he had to come face to face with what he was feeling for this woman. The art of compromise could be the only thing that will save this relationship
As Addison is confronted by the community slut about the real reason Cade won’t make love to Addison, she is determined to find out what he is doing.  She has already caught him in the act of cheating but she was told that she was going to forgive and marry him but this could be the deal breaker she can’t get over.  A lot of things happen in this book that shoves these two not only together but farther apart, through it all we see Addison remain strong while also exploring her submissive side that she didn’t know she had.  There is no way she will settle for a marriage where she is the only one who feels love and it was clear Cade might not even know what love is. 
I really enjoyed this book.  The author had a style that was smooth and easy to read while keeping you engaged in the story.  The characters were all developed so well that it set up the series perfectly.  I will be starting the next book now and I can hardly wait to find out more about the Jackson.  Addison had friends who I hope will be included in the remaining books and I really hope Mark and Sherry will continue to be a strong showing in the future books.   
I was born in Utah but I’ve traveled throughout America and lived in sunny California, hot and dry west Texas, and the mountains of Colorado. I wrote my first erotic romance in the summer of 2013. It was accepted and published that same year. Since then I’ve written three more books in the Doms of Club Mystique series. At this time I’m busy writing the fifth and final book in the series. My heroes are tough cowboys with military backgrounds and my heroines are strong, sassy and submissive. I like my readers to laugh, and cry, so I put a lot of emotion in my books as well as suspense and happy endings.  

Other than writing, I love to read, travel, garden, swim with my family, and go to the local drive-in movie with a carload of friends and a huge container of home-made cheese popcorn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment