04 October 2014

Bachelor Number Five by Kenneth Rosenberg

 From the moment Amanda Perkins first laid eyes on Bachelor Number Five on her favorite dating show, she knew it was love at first sight. Handsome, smart and kind, Grant Hutchinson is everything she's ever dreamed of in a man. The problem? She's not a contestant. And she lives halfway across the country. These small details aren't about to stop Amanda, who will do whatever it takes to win her man.

This novel is the first volume in Kenneth Rosenberg's "Bachelor Series" about a group on young professionals living in the same Hollywood apartment building. He is also the author of "The Extra - A Bachelor Series Prequel."
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22420634-bachelor-number-five

I don’t read a lot of romance novels written by men, which I think is a mistake on my part.  It seems like every time I pick up one, I enjoy the stuffing out of it! 
Amanda first saw Grant (aka, Bachelor Number Five) on her favorite dating show.  She fell in love with the handsome, smart and kind man on the spot.  There’s just one teeny tiny issue…she’s not a contestant on the show and Grant doesn’t even know she exists.  But Amanda is a woman with a mission, and she’s determined to get her man!
I thought this book was funny.  Amanda really teeters on the edge between endearing and annoying for me, but I think there’s an innocence about her laser focus and belief in true love that made her fall more into the endearing category for me.  The woman has got guts, that’s for sure!
My issues with the book were more about the plot.  It wasn’t realistic, but at the same time I don’t think that is what the author was shooting for.  I mean, I don’t know a lot of women that would up and move in pursuit of a man they don’t even know, but I think in the context of a fantasy, this book hits the nail on the head.  If I want reality, I’ll put down the book and look at my own life…BORING!
Overall, I found myself really enjoying this.  It’s a quick, fun, funny and sexy read.  And there are several plot points that I did not see coming.  It’s always a pleasant surprise when that happens.  The ending was great, and totally not what I thought was going to happen.  It’s the perfect lazy day, I’m not getting out of my pajamas all day kind of read. 4 stars.
Kenneth Rosenberg is a California writer whose work has appeared in the Los Angeles Times, Surfer Magazine and other publications. Kenneth attended UCLA where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature.  His first novel, "No Cure for the Broken Hearted," was a number one bestselling romance on Amazon UK.

In between stints as a journalist, merchant seaman, photographer, diving guide and snowboarding instructor, Kenneth has spent much of his time living and writing in various international locations, including Portugal, Estonia and Hungary.  When he is not writing, Kenneth spends his time surfing, snowboarding and traveling the world on a shoestring.

0 comments:

Post a Comment