04 October 2014

Serial by Jaden Wilkes and Lily White

 Jude Hollister kills. Born with everything, wanting for nothing, murder has become his addiction. He kills women who entice him. He immortalizes them while they’re still young and beautiful. How will he manage to save the one woman he loves?

Ronnie Lapierre is a survivor. Born with nothing, she’s struggling in a dead end job with an abusive bastard for a boyfriend. Jude offers her a way out, salvation beyond her wildest dreams. What will happen when she learns his terrible secret?

Donovan Blake is the brightest mind to come out of Quantico in years. Charged with finding the Cascades Butcher, he’s perfect for this game of cat and mouse. Will his own dark past lead him to success, or drag him into the depths of hell with the most dangerous man he’s ever encountered?

Hearts will be broken, families destroyed, and good men will turn evil. In the end, only one will remain. Find out who survives in this intense story of love and ruin.


***Explores dark themes of murder, violence, sexuality, BDSM, the nature of evil...basically all the good stuff.

****Serial is a serial, shorter stories published faster. How long is ultimately ends up becoming is solely dependent upon our readers. The more you want, the more we write.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22924521-serial-volume-one?ac=1

Let me just get this out there now, the blend of Lily White and Jaden Wilkes is by far the BEST combination of authors I have ever read.  As a reader who is a fan of each author I could tell they fed off each other in writing this book.  There was no drastic change in style and I found I couldn’t even pin point who wrote what most of the time but I could feel the constant, “oh you went there, well let me up you and go here.” “Oh no you didn’t, I can take it even higher so there.”, which ends up being a huge bonus for us dark and twisted readers. 
The synopsis does this book justice in informing the reader as to what to expect regarding the plot so I won’t risk spoiling the book for you by going over that again.  I want to tell you what I felt while reading this piece of brilliance.  Jude, oh Jude, the sexy man you could be if not for the fire that burns inside you like a monster.  The authors gave us a man who is teetering on the fine line of insanity.  We get to see the inner workings of his brain and how he can twist events in his thought process to make what he does seem logical.  We have a female character named Ronnie who I found so vulnerable and innocent, Jude’s logic began to make sense to me in order to protect her.  Yes it didn’t take long for me to condemn myself for even going there but hey what am I to do when Lily and Jaden give me Kool-Aid? I drink it and believe it is from the fountain of truth dang it.   
Ok so here I am as a reader beginning to believe in Jude’s rationale only to be slapped up side the face with Detective Donovan Blake.  He is the lead detective in chasing the serial killer known as CK.  This man appears with his thoughts and legal logic and I am back to remembering that killing is a crime and is in no way going to benefit Ronnie.  Yup back on track now, I have my civic duty of law abiding citizen in the forefront and I am ready to proceed.  Then Donovan does things that I can see Jude doing so here I am again cycling down into the vortex of Jude makes perfect sense.  NO NO NO stop this crazy train, oh wait, don’t stop it, I am loving this ride. 
Now if you know me you will understand that I am an ABC planner so I am already going forward into this story thinking NO RONNIE, don’t fall for Jude because you will end up hurt, heart broken or possibly dead but wait, will she because Jude really loves her, or does he?  I mean he is the President of psychoville so this could mean that he is only keeping her because he can, not because of love.  But then look at what he does for her in the name of love.  No wait that will lead me back to turning in my law abiding citizen badge.  Oh geez I am sucked in aren’t I? 
There ya go folks, this is how two dark and twisted authors can in 117 pages turn law abiding citizens into mental accomplices for murder AND make good arguments for it.  This one is mind f’ing at its best and I will warn ya some of the scenes are pretty graphic.  Pro or con, not sure but there is a trophy that he takes from each woman and the authors wrote the scene so well I became grossed out because I could feel him playing with it.  Yeah let’s just say I had to wash my hands numerous times during those 117 pages.  When I told my husband that our daughters are no longer allowed to leave the house and we will no longer be eating at the Waffle House he looked at me and simply said “I guess I have Lily to thank for this paranoia again?”  Yup what can I say other than those two women had better be working on book 2 NOW because I need to find out what happens next.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment