23 October 2014

Takedown by Cat Grant

Home may not be what he remembered, but it might hold what he needs.

Bannon’s Gym, Book 2

An abusive father drove Tom Delaney away from Lincoln Beach. Now that he’s back to settle his family’s affairs, he’s finding that not even the good things he left behind are the same. The old neighborhood is a dangerous slum. Eddie’s diner is on its last legs. Gloria, who looked after him like her own son, is seriously ill.

His only refuge is Bannon’s Gym, where Danny Bannon nurtured his talent for mixed martial arts. Bannon’s also harbors Travis, his ex—as in ex-sparring partner, ex one-night stand. The man who, the last time they faced off in the ring, left Tom with a broken jaw and a concussion.

The sparks are still there, in the ring and out of it. But when Travis’s own troubles quite literally explode, their only chance to build something solid on their broken past could go up in flames.

Warning: Hot guys slugging it out. Heaps of sexual tension and cursing. Fighting. Grappling. Kicking. Throwing elbows. All drenched in buckets of manly sweat.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20816303-takedown

I really think that I enjoyed this book more than the first book in the series because there were just so many emotional twists and turns that kept my attention that I didn’t want the story to end!  While there was a fair amount of smuttiness in the story, what grabbed my attention the most was the relationships between the characters, all of them.  Even if they were just simply friends, you could tell how deeply everyone cared about the other.

I thought that Ms. Grant did a really good job with the relationship between Tom and Travis; it was so easy to connect with the feelings that they had for each other.  Both good and bad feelings that is.  The relationship between them was so back and forth that on one page, I was hoping they would work things out, and the other I thought that Travis was too good for Tom!

I did like that we were able to get caught up with Eddie and Danny though.  Especially with how they had such an important role in Tom’s past, I am really glad that Ms. Grant thought to add more about them, and it wasn’t just an “in passing” addition, we were able to spend time with them.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and series and I hope that there is more of them in the future!

0 comments:

Post a Comment