22 November 2014

Forced Disappearance by Dana Marton

 7 hours, 58 minutes

When wealthy American businessman Glenn Danning goes missing in Venezuela, investigator Miranda Soto volunteers to track him down. It's her first assignment for the Civilian Personnel Recovery Unit, but this mission is about more than salvaging the remnants of her shattered military career. Glenn was Miranda's best friend and first lover, and she'll do anything to save him from danger... especially since she just lost everything that mattered to her.

Glenn barely survived being kidnapped and tortured as a suspected spy, but the shock of seeing Miranda again gives him a new lease on life. Their still-simmering attraction grows hotter as the couple races through the treacherous jungle. Determined to reach safe ground, they must stay alive long enough to stop the terrifying enemy who still hunts Glenn. And even if they survive, Miranda's dark past could jeopardize their future together...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22540141-forced-disappearance
I have read a few of Ms. Marton’s previous books and really enjoyed them.  When I started this book, I will be honest I wasn’t completely sure how I was going to like the story.  But as I got further into it, I just couldn’t put the book down.
I do want to say though, there is mention of child molesting happening in the book.  It is not graphic at all, but told as a part of what had happened with Miranda and it actually does play big part in the happily ever after at the end of the book.  I do have to say that Ms. Marton did a great job with that scene because it wasn’t crude or erotic in any sense, it showed the pain that Miranda was feeling when it was happening.
I really did enjoy Miranda’s character, and Glenn was also a great character as well.  They both had their strengths and weaknesses, and they seemed to play off of each other quite well.  Glenn was a very sweet man and he just had something about him that drew me to him while I was reading.  Miranda has to be one of the strongest female characters that I have read in a very long time.  She was just overall amazing during the story.
The only thing that I didn’t really enjoy about the story was how predictable it was, but that still didn’t sway me from reading it.  There was enough action and suspense to keep me going and turning the pages.
I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a really good read that will keep your attention and leave you wanting more

0 comments:

Post a Comment