07 January 2015

Surrender's Mask by Vonna Harper

From film star to helpless captive. One moment Ferron Cooper is an in-demand bondage model, the next she's staring up at the nameless man responsible for the ropes on her wrists. Who is he and why is she responding to his touches, his eyes, his body? Is there humanity in her captor or has she entered a life of endless surrender?

One she may crave.

With a man she must call Master.

Note: Surrender's Mask was previously released by another publisher. It has been revised and re-edited for this version.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23908419-surrender-s-mask?ac=1
I have to begin by saying that when I started reading Surrender’s Mask, I didn’t get a chance to reread the synopsis and didn’t remember what it was about. As such, I was horrified by what happened to Ferron. It was like a slap in the face combined with running into a brick wall when IT happened. I wasn’t in a place where I could pull up the synopsis to read it when the Ferron’s life began to spin out of her control, so I was dragged along with her during her terrifying ordeal. Because of this, I had a ton of “Oh My God!” moments that I may not have had otherwise – but then again I may have because the synopsis really doesn’t address them. I shared in Ferron’s fear, her anger, her anxiety, and her disbelief, and was cursing right along with her as the events unfolded.

While Surrender’s Mask is not as dark as some erotica I have read, it does contain dark subject matter. If you do not enjoy books which contain kidnapping, sexual slavery, and dubious consent, then you should steer clear of this book. However, if you enjoy or can read books that contain these elements then I would recommend you check it out because in addition to the highly erotic scenes, there is one heck of a romantic suspense plot buried in the story that takes the book up a notch from just erotica. Surrender’s Mask was an unexpected read on several levels and while I may have been uncomfortable reading parts of it, I’m glad I got the chance to. Ms. Harper crafted one heck of a journey for Ferron and kept me on the edge of my seat as her story played out. The author certainly kept me guessing as to how it all would end until the final pages. Whew! What a journey. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment