25 February 2015

Sumeria's Sons Spotlight!

A Lycan descendant of Gilgamesh and Enkidu, Tristan is not as extraordinary as his ancestors. He is an average warrior, unremarkable throughout. But this fact does not trouble him because he has found his Twin Flame, the one person destined to be his, who will love him unconditionally, life after life.

Then his Flame betrays him, leaving him shattered and dying. Brokenhearted, Tristan dissolves the sacred bond and leaves. His best friend, Ushna, accompanies him, vowing to guard and protect him, and Tristan slowly comes to realize that love does not require a sacred bond.

But if he hopes to keep the love he chooses, they will first have to survive ancient secrets, lies, mythical creatures, and the return of absent gods…
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22877465-twin-flames
I want to start this review off by saying, do not start reading this book before you go to bed because you will be up all night long!

I am a new-ish fan to Ms. Ander having only ever read 1 other book by her.  This book was more up my alley because I do enjoy the wolf shifter books and I was excited to start the book.  I will admit though, I went into it with an open mind because I wasn’t completely sure how I would feel once I got into the story.  But I’m so excited that Ms. Ander gave her wolf shifters something new, that twist that isn’t in other shifter books that I have read in the past.

That alone made this book an automatic 5 stars from me.  The drama, suspense, action, and the drive for me to read more and more just made the book that all much better. 

I would really recommend this book to anyone who enjoys the M/M genre.  Even if you’re not into the paranormal genre, I would say you should really give this book a try.
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Less Than Three
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thrust into the role of Prince of the Lycans, Tristan strives to find his footing in a life suddenly rife with secrets and lies—and danger. Betrayed by a Goddess meant to safeguard him, desperate to protect his consort and their growing tribe, he can only prepare for the worst and struggle to hope.

And then the worst comes to kill them…
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23459730-songs-of-the-earth?ac=1
I started this book right away after finishing the first one in the series, Twin Flames, because I just couldn’t wait to find out what was going to happen next.

I really loved the twists and turns that Ms. Ander added to this book because after the first one, I wasn’t sure if she was going to be able to carry on the tradition she had started with catching me off guard.  Thankfully, she completely did and it really left me wanting for more.

I loved how in this book we got to spend some more time with Tristan and Ushna as a couple.  It was so much fun to follow along while they were going through their transition from friends to a couple.

I even loved how Ms. Ander brought more paranormal aspects into this book, but she didn’t overload you with that information.  I am really wanting to know what is going to happen next!!  Because while there is a slight cliffhanger, I believe that’s because I was able to get so invested in the characters, that I just want more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment