23 March 2015

Hot Pink Crop by M. L. Montgomery

 Roleplaying keeps McKayla safe, keeps her feelings and her emotions in check. All she can think of is the next scene and feeling the man of her dreams giving her the pleasure she craves. She knows, as he does that no matter who holds the crop, no matter who is tied up, no matter what role they are playing, Kurt is the true Alpha, the true Dom to her submissive side. She knows one word from him, her mind instantly melts and awaits his direction.

But she fears her relationship with Kurt is slipping away, because she can’t give him what he really wants. And his long absences for work give her too much time between scenes to fixate on what that is: love. For her to say it. She shows it; she’s damn good at showing it whenever they spend time together. Still, if she says it, everything between them will change forever. If she doesn’t, soon, she may just lose him.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24994841-hot-pink-crop?ac=1
Hot Pink Crop is the sequel to Hot Pink Condom and gave me the chance to catch up with my favorite roleplaying couple, McKayla and Kurt. This time around the roleplaying is a bit more elaborate and the novella encompasses a couple of days over a week’s time. It also features McKayla in the driver’s seat so to speak as she plays the Domme to Kurt’s sub. While I don’t typically go in for femdom books, I found myself enjoying the story, most likely because it was role-play and not the normal nature of their relationship. It gave me the chance to learn more about both McKayla and Kurt and the scenes were hot!

As much as I enjoyed it, I did find myself a bit baffled by McKayla’s thoughts at one point in the novella. Towards the end of their scene (almost 90% into the book), she looks into his eyes and sees his love for her and freaks out. She starts worrying because she’s realized that she love him back and is concerned that her feelings have crossed a line they drew when they began their relationship five years earlier. What baffled me about her line of thought is that Kurt has already said “I love you” more than once and she spent the first part of the book afraid she was losing him because she couldn’t say it back as she refused to acknowledge that she felt that way. So she went from refusing to acknowledge her feelings, to being afraid she would lose him because she couldn’t say it, to being scared that he’d leave her now that she realized she loved him. Mind you, she still can’t say the words, but can you see why McKayla left me with a bad case of whiplash?

But despite that minor blip in McKayla’s character, I really enjoyed Hot Pink Crop… until I got to the end and Ms. Montgomery left me teetering at the edge of the cliff. It’s not quite a cliffhanger, but I was really hoping for more resolution to their relationship in this installment rather than ending the book with them on even shakier ground than when it started. On the upside, this means I get to read at least one more book in the series, insuring another peek into my favorite roleplaying duo’s steamy scenes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment