08 March 2015

Loving an Absentminded Astrophysicist (Astrophysicist #1-2) by T.N. Tarrant

 At twenty-three, Dr. Liam McGregor is a well-respected astrophysicist, astrobiologist, and geologist. With no family, few friends, and no romantic prospects, he’s used to being alone. Focusing on his various scientific projects and taking care of his decidedly unusual cat help keep the loneliness at bay.

Jareth Manning is starting life over—new town, new job—after the loss of his husband. The last thing he expects is for the most absentminded, and beautiful, man he’s ever seen to take up residence in his heart. Nor did he expect to find himself a willingly humble slave to Her Imperial Highness, Empress the Cat. But Jareth has learned that love doesn't come around often and to hold on to it when it does. Jareth is willing to be patient if Liam is willing to take a risk after being burned before. They just have to survive Liam’s past returning.

Eight years after Liam and Jareth marry, they want a child. Things don’t go well when they try to adopt, with terrible accusations thrown at Jareth. After recovering, they proceed with a private adoption, bringing home a beautiful little girl, Carinae. Then things get ugly, endangering not only Liam’s life, but Carinae’s.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24646347-loving-an-absentminded-astrophysicist?ac=1
To be honest, this is the first book by Ms. Tarrant that I have read, and I can say that I was pleasantly surprised at how sweet and romantic it was.

This book is actually 2 separate books put into one volume, and they cover the beginning and the middle part of the relationship between Jareth and Liam.  Usually, I don’t personally enjoy those types of stories, but with this book I was so glad it was like that because once I finished book 1, I couldn’t wait to start reading the next one!

I really enjoyed how fun the story was.  I was constantly on the edge of my seat wondering just what was going to happen next, and just what exactly Liam was going to run into next!  I thought that Jareth did a great job with Liam, and watching the two of them together was really enjoyable for me. 

With book 2, I loved being able to catch up with them and find out just what had been happening since they first got together.  This book was my favorite of the two because it completely pulled on my heartstrings.  I was near tears many times just wondering what was going to happen next, and afraid to turn the page at the same time.

The only complaint that I did have about the books was how much drama there was during the course of both parts of the book.  It did seem a bit over-the-top what all was happening, and while I do understand that yes this is a book, there were some times where I was scratching my head and wondering what else was going to get thrown into the mix.

But, even with that, I did still enjoy the book and I really can’t wait to read more from Ms. Tarrant in the future!

0 comments:

Post a Comment