08 March 2015

Perform For Me (Waiting For You To Fall #2) by Lori Toland

 Everyone has a kink...

Corey loves going to sex clubs to watch two guys having sex but on one night, he goes from being a voyeur to in the middle of two hot guys. After the dust settles, Corey is faced with the dilemma of blurred lines between love and kink. When the fantasy leaves club and lands in his bedroom, can he find his kinky ever after?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23210646-perform-for-me?ac=1
Freaking heck that was HAWT!!! Because this is a novelette, there’s not a huge amount of back story or character development, but Ms. Toland still manages to create characters that felt real, as did the connections between the men. It’s obvious that Corey loves his boyfriend Justin and vice versa. The security of their relationship is firmly established when Justin encourages Corey to indulge in his voyeuristic needs. I’m sure it didn’t hurt that Justin benefited from Corey’s heightened arousal when he would return home from the sex club, nor was it a nightly or even weekly occurrence. I was a tad taken aback when Justin gave Corey permission to join in should someone catch his eye. But hey, if Corey has a voyeurism kink, why can’t Justin have a cuckhold fantasy? Thank goodness Justin gave Corey the go ahead because that night Corey received an offer from a Dom that he couldn’t refuse and I know I for one am glad he couldn’t because that was one seriously hot man-on-man-on-man scene. And when Corey gets the chance to join Michael, the Dom, and his sub outside of the club… let’s just say my Kindle needed a cigarette. My only complaint, and it’s really more of a lament, is that this was so short because I would really love to see what happened next and to be able to indulge my own voyeuristic tendencies. I can only wonder how Ms. Toland knows that M/M shower scenes are my kryptonite – guaranteeing Perform for Me a spot on my reread shelf.
This book has three MC’s Justin a sub to Michael and long term boyfriend to Corey. Corey and Justin have been in a loving committed relationship for years, but have found that they need something extra to keep the sexual side of the relationship going. Corey found out years ago he enjoys watching people play. And Justin is a natural sub, so they have enlisted Michael as Justin’s Dom. But what has worked in the past just doesn’t seem to be enough anymore.

Over all I really enjoyed this novella. It always surprises me how an author can put so much feelings into just a few pages. And this one is packed with emotions from all three MC’s. My only issue was how easily controlled Corey was. The man was supposed to be a Doctor, and all I got from him was the ‘wimp’ vibe. I also don’t really understand the whole, I love you but I want someone else to control me thing. I get the wanting to ‘watch’ but not someone else have sex with the love of your life. I did like that Michael took charge and got it all sorted out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment