16 March 2015

Turnaround: A Red Hot Valentine story by Cassandra Carr

Becca and James don't date. Both are in their thirties and neither has found anyone they feel is potential spouse material. Becca attends a "We Hate Valentine's Day" party at a local bar where James is bartending. He knows from the first day they meet that Becca is someone special, but Becca's more cautious. James sets out to prove to Becca there really are happy-ever-afters.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20518235-turnaround?ac=1
I truly don’t have much good to say about this audiobook. The narrator mispronounced things and I honestly have no idea whether it was her tone or the story itself, but it bored me. The characters came across as needy. A couple times I half expected Becca to become a crazy obsessed girlfriend, hanging on to James at every turn. But then again, James came across as though he would put up with anything as long as Becca still went out with him.
I ‘hope’ that if I were to read the ebook that maybe I would feel differently about it. When you are listening to an audiobook, the narrator’s voice and tone really affect the words. And her snorts, barks of laughter, and constant change of volume took away from the book.
Anyway, it garners 2 stars. I just cannot give it higher than that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment