20 April 2015

A View from Forever (Thompson Sisters, #3) by Charles Sheehan-Miles

 Dylan Paris is a working class kid from Atlanta. A former high school dropout who is trying to clean up his act, Dylan is stunned to be selected for a six-week foreign exchange program to Israel.

Alex Thompson is the daughter of a wealthy US Ambassador. Several weeks overseas with an exchange program is just what she needs to get out from under her over-controlling parents.

They only have five weeks before they go back to their homes.

They have completely different lives.

The last thing either of them want or need is to fall in love.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25127374-a-view-from-forever?ac=1
Charles Sheehan-Miles does it every single time.  He breaks my heart.  I love it, I hate it and then I love it again.  He broke my heart and I am loving picking up the pieces.  Dammit.

I have been waiting forever for Alex and Dylan’s story, and I was not disappointed.  This was the story of when they first met during an exchange program to Israel.  Dylan is the boy from the wrong side of the tracks, and Alex is the girl that comes from wealth and privilege.  When they meet, it changes everything. 

Oh.

Em.

Gee.

I loved this story.  Aside from the fact that I a huge fan of this series, I thought this story was awesome.  I mean, most of the time when you read stories like this one it’s just filler, but this was not filler.  It added true depth and dimension to the story as a whole not just with Dylan and Alex, but everyone.  I could not read this fast enough and I could not love it anymore. 

This story, as is CSM’s tradition, is told impeccably.  He has a way of drawing you into the story and really making you feel it.  I’m not sure if it’s sexist of me to say this or not, but it continually surprises me that a man has the ability to write from the female POV so truly.  It’s a gift, and I’m a glad to be on the receiving end of CSM’s incredible storytelling.

As I said, this isn’t a fluff story at all.  It truly lets you into the first moment of Dylan and Alex’s first meeting and just takes off.  It was incredible.  I urge that if you have not read the other books in this series to go ahead and do so, and then read this one.  You will not be disappointed and I’m sure it quickly becomes a favorite.  5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment