04 April 2015

My Delicate Destruction (Wolfegang #1) by Jillian Ashe

 My name is Katerina Anderson. In 2016, a drug called Hope was created. Administered during suspended animation, the drug was supposed to cure the cancer my twin brother and I had. When an earthquake leveled Los Angeles, we were presumed dead.

Forgotten, we slept.

The day I woke up, I realized everything had changed. My brother was missing, and everyone else I knew was dead. That drug and all its false promises were the beginning of my delicate destruction.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24284951-my-delicate-destruction?ac=1
This is a book that travels through time into the future. Twins, Kris and Kat, both have the same disease and Dr. O'Leary might have the cure. The only problem? The twins have to agree to be cryogenically frozen for two years to allow the medication to work.

They wake up – 500 years later - to a new world. An earthquake destroyed the world they knew and killed over a million people, soon after the twins went to sleep. Kris is missing and Kat has no idea where he is. Her family is all gone and she faces a world she is not familiar with.

While the story was good, it was a bit brief and ended abruptly. The world that the author created was interesting. Yet, I couldn’t help but feel that I needed more information. Hopefully, more is answered in the next book, but if you do not like cliffhangers, this is not the book for you. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment