26 April 2015

Snow White Lies by Sarah J. Pepper

 “Evil poisons everyone. Period. Our mouths water when we sink our teeth into what we have always craved. Surrendering to our desires by biting off delectable piece of the forbidden fruit is nothing more than a meager confession: Poison tastes sinfully sweet,”—Confessions of the Big Apple Debutante, by blogger Miss Snow White.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25017567-snow-white-lies?ac=1
I love books like this.  Books that take a fairytale that everyone knows and loves and gives it a modern update are so completely awesome.

Snow White is not so innocent anymore, and the seven dwarves and the huntsman are completely different too.  Snow White is a rich girl with a blog, and this is a very complicated but magical tale of mystery and deceit with a blog.

I was into this book.  Like, I didn’t eat and forgot to go to the bathroom for a few hours into this book.  It was one of the freshest books I have read in a while.

This tale is told through a series of flashbacks mixed in with present day.  I thought the way the author did this was both intriguing and done very well.  I was transported right along with the characters in the story and I have to say that this rarely happens.  This book was extremely well-written and I applaud the author for writing a book that managed to retell an old fairytale but remain completely new at the same time.  Bravo.

I would highly recommend this book.  I’m certain this will remain one of my favorite books this year. 5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment