01 May 2015

Third Debt Tour Stop!

 “She healed me. She broke me. I set her free. But we are in this together. We will end this together. The rules of this ancient game can’t be broken.”

Nila Weaver no longer recognises herself. She’s left her lover, her courage, and her promise. Two debts down. Too many to go.

Jethro Hawk no longer recognises himself. He’s embraced what he always ran from, and now faces punishment far greater than he feared.

It’s almost time. It’s demanding to be paid.

The Third Debt will be the ultimate test...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23597614-third-debt?ac=1
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?! What the heck was that? That wasn’t a cliffhanger. I’m not hanging from a cliff here! I’m sliding down the mother-freaking summit to end all mother-freaking summits!!! I understand how Jethro feels because I feel like I’ve been buried under an avalanche of emotions. I’m overwhelmed, yet numb. My mind has been boggled.

Third Debt is an intense series of highs and lows. I don’t want to call it an emotional rollercoaster because there’s not a lot of happiness found within and what bits of happiness do occur are tainted by the darkness that pervades the Hawks. It’s a bad case of whiplash in the very best way. This installment picks up right where Second Debt ended, with Nila’s liberation from Hawksridge Hall. Nila has no understanding of the repercussions her departure will cause and as awareness sets in before she has even left the grounds she tries to return to Jethro but is unable to. As Nila learns yet again that she has absolutely no control over her life, Jethro is forced to face his failure in collecting the debts. Cut’s cruelty knows no bounds, but he attempts to convince Jethro (and the reader) that he does love his son as he offers Jethro an alternative. Yet all are aware that there is no choice being given, rather Jethro’s trading of one cage for another.

As the third debt must be paid, it is obvious that Nila must return to Hawksridge. And while she does so with a plan, she underestimates Cut’s cunning and finds herself in a worse situation than in the beginning. The level of detachment and coldness that Jethro displays in Third Debt exceeds that of previous installments, yet Cut’s cage proves to be an unworthy opponent in the face of Nila’s love. But a woman in love can only endure so much abuse of her heart, body, and trust before that love is snuffed out and the third debt promises to do just that … cut the tie that binds Nila and Jethro once and for all. Yet again I found myself disgusted by the Weaver ancestor’s behavior that led to the third debt. Honestly, I’m not sure whose depravity disgusts me more – the Weaver ancestor or Cut and Daniel. Granted, Kes and Jethro are not innocent in their actions, but they don’t take pleasure in collection of the debts the same way that Cut and Daniel do. And that ending. I have not felt the fear for Nila in any of the installments that I do now for her. I see the Fourth Debt as a train wreck (and I’m not talking about the writing) – I don’t want to be witness to the horrifying events that are soon to become a part of Nila’s life and yet I can’t NOT see them. I HAVE to know what comes next. I have to know if the ending of Third Debt is as it appears or not. I take nothing for granted when it comes to Ms. Winters’ writing and thus begins the countdown to the Fourth Debt AND the Final Debt. Fingers don’t fail me now.
Nila dropped the jumper onto the desk, cupping her breasts. “Does this count as acceptable to you?”
I couldn’t breathe.
Everything I’d been running from made my head pound, my cock beg, and the drugs in my system to fucking disintegrate.
What was it about her? Why did she have this control over me? And why was I utterly, ridiculously helpless around her?
God fucking help me.
Didn’t she know the more she antagonised me and made me slip, the more likely Cut would give her to Daniel and fucking slaughter me in my sleep? I wanted to strike her—hammer the precariousness of our situation home.
“Why did you bring me here?” she murmured, skirting the desk.
I couldn’t tear my eyes away from the hard pinpricks on her chest. She couldn’t be cold—not in this furnace. That meant she was turned on.
My mind instantly went to one question. Is she wet?
“Kes told you. Our secrets are now yours.”
“I don’t think that’s the only reason.” Closing the distance, she licked her bottom lip. “I think you wanted me off the estate, so you could have me without anyone seeing.” Her voice layered with sex and invitation. “You wanted me away from the cameras, so you could drop the act and show me the truth.”
Fuck.
I cleared my throat. “What truth?”
“That all of this is a lie. That you’re still the man I fell for—playing the same game you said you were sick of before I left.”
Shaking my head, I tried to clear my thoughts. “You’re once again delusional.” Swallowing hard, I ordered, “Go down to the sorting floor. I have a meeting to take care of—”
“No,” she breathed. “I’m not going anywhere until you stop being an asshole and show me the real you.” Closing the final distance, she stood beside me, crackling with mischief and lust.
Locking eyes, she undid the button and zipper of her jeans. “Don’t hide from me, Jethro. I can’t stay strong if you cut me out.”
My legs bunched to push the swivel chair backward. One heave and I could launch myself free and run from her web. But somehow, I couldn’t. I remained tethered in place; breathing fast, fear swamping my lungs.
She grabbed my wrist. “Don’t fight it. You can’t fight the inevitable.” Without a word, she pressed my hand into her trousers.

Debt Inheritance (Indebted #1) FREE

First Debt (Indebted #2)

Second Debt (Indebted #3)

Third Debt (Indebted #4)

PREORDER Fourth Debt (Indebted #5) NOW

0 comments:

Post a Comment