10 April 2013

Marital Bitch, By JC Emery

 

Who said that being married was always easy?
Growing up, all Colleen wanted to do was get out of her town.  She wanted the high life, the fast living and mainly forgetting where she came from.  Bradley loved everything about where he grew up and never wanted to leave.  And of course they are best friends, everyone knows opposites attract.  Desperate to prove herself in her job, she puts the rest of her life on hold.  But Bradley can tell that she’s missing out on life.
            What started as a reason to make her smile, and of course the alcohol that was involved, Bradley helped make one of Colleen’s goals come to life, to be married.  After a trip to the wedding chapel, and plans to go to the courthouse the next day, things seem to take a drastic change when technology has gotten in the way of the plans.  How can Colleen and Bradley make a marriage work when they are constantly fighting with each other as friends?
            When I first got this book, I was unsure of what to think of it.  It didn’t seem as though something I would enjoy reading, because it’s not my normal type of book.  However after starting to read it, I couldn’t put it down!  This book made me laugh to the point where I was in tears.  There were parts that made me so upset with what was going on that I was actually yelling at the characters!  The way that JC was able to be so descriptive with Colleen and Bradley, it was as though you could see them standing in front of you.  Overall I have recommended this book to several of my friends and I will continue to in the future.  JC has an amazing way with words and I can’t wait to see what she has in store for us next.
            Sometimes you just have to take that step out of your comfort zone and then you will find something that can make you smile.  And that comment works for both the book and for reading this book if it’s not in your normal reading genre!

This book is currently FREE on Amazon!!

To purchase your own copy of this book, just click the picture above and it will take you directly to the US Amazon page to buy your own!


0 comments:

Post a Comment