31 May 2013

For the Love of His Life, By Fiona McGier


Can a sexy Hispanic action movie star find himself in the BWCA of upper Minnesota? Will the local woman he grows to love believe someone who "lies for a living"?

When a famous action star needs to clean-up for a major role that even he doubts he can deliver, the director sends him up to a resort owned by his grandmother in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area of upper Minnesota, to learn to commune with nature. His guide is Veronica, the director's cousin, a tall, athletic woman who has the relaxed, sensible nature of someone who knows herself well. Raul's initial clumsy attempt to seduce her makes her laugh...so he calls her fat. There may be hope that their relationship will progress beyond its rocky start. Raul must overcome his partying nature to discover what is really important in life.


                So just a heads up, I will be giving away a spoiler in this review!! Which I try not to do, but there is one part of this book that I COMPLETELY enjoyed and to tell about it, I have to give the spoiler.  So please forgive me!!

                But before I get to that, I will start with my first thoughts when I think about this book.  When I am writing a review, after I read the book, I wait a few days before actually writing the review.  Then when I think about the book, it’s usually the first things that pop into my head that I enjoyed.

                Having grown up in Minnesota as a child, I really did enjoy the way that Fiona described the resort and woods in the book.  There was so much details going on, but at the same time, the details didn’t over take the whole story.  So the number 1 thing that I enjoyed was her ability to describe things in such a way that you actually want to go to that resort and spend time.

                I thought she wrote Raul’s character very well.  You could tell that he was tortured at times, by going through his withdrawals and fighting his desire for Veronica as well.  Veronica’s character was a very strong woman; you couldn’t help but root for her during the book that she would be able to put Raul in his place!

                Now for the spoiler, I LOVED the fact that Raul fell of the wagon.  As bad as that sounds, it’s the truth.  Usually when you are reading a book about a recovering addict, they never fall of the wagon, and when it comes to real life sometimes people do fail.  So I liked that she included that into the story.

               All in all, it seemed at times like the story was predicable at some points.  But I do have to say that I did enjoy reading it.  I would recommend this story to my friends who are looking for a steamy romance, because the sex scenes were hot!, but the story focused more on the relationship instead of the sex.

This book is currently $6.95 US Dollars on Amazon.

To purchase your own copy of this book, just click the picture above and it will take you directly to the US Amazon page to buy your own!


 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Crystal, thanks so much for such a great review! I enjoyed writing these characters so much that I'm working on a sequel...hint: the last two characters mentioned in the book. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!

      I can't wait! I was actually wondering if you would do something with that!!!

      Delete
  2. And I forgot to mention that if you order it from CoffeetimeRomance.com, it's on sale for $5.21. FYI.

    ReplyDelete