25 August 2013

Dead Sexy Dragon, By Lolita Lopez

The last thing dragon shifter Stig Wyvern needs is his dead friend’s kid sister showing up on his doorstep. He’s just minutes away from entering a mating phase. Sharing his isolated house with the young woman he’s desperately lusted after for quite some time is a recipe for disaster.

But Cora Cardenas has nowhere else to go. She’s in deep trouble with some really nasty people and Stig is the only one who can protect her. That he’s deliciously sexy and makes her tingle with the simplest of smiles is just a bonus.

Cora quickly realizes Stig is hiding something from her. To make matters worse, she’s plagued with breathtakingly naughty dreams starring a shadowed lover who bears a startling resemblance to her host. And just what the hell is going on down in the basement at night?

Stig needs to get Cora out of his house but his inner beast has other ideas. He’s found his mate and she’s not going anywhere...

 
While I usually enjoy the paranormal books, even ones about dragons because there doesn't seem to be a lot of them out there, this one I think felt left a lot hanging. I was disappointed because I was expecting more from the story itself and I felt it was lacking.


Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the story with how it went but I think that the characters could have used a lot more building, as well as Stig's past. It felt like there was a lot thrown at us at once, without learning what exactly was going on during the story.


All in all, because of the tease at the end of this novella for the next one, I would be very interested in reading that one. I am unsure if I would recommend this book to friends just because there was so much lacking in the story.







0 comments:

Post a Comment