21 June 2014

Our Omega by JJ Black

Sometimes two just isn’t enough.

Noah Steele is a broken man. Born a strong, confident Alpha, he’s now a shell of the man he once was. Tortured and betrayed, he no longer trusts his instincts or his ability to lead. Shamed, he hides himself away, even from the mate he longs to claim as his own.

Dax Marshall needs some down time. Between protecting the Pack in his role as Beta and leading teams to search for more of Alpha Steele’s facilities, his responsibilities are starting to overwhelm him. If only he could find the one person destined to soothe both himself and his wolf. A chance run-in with Noah Steele changes everything, giving him hope that his future won’t be as lonely as he’d feared.

Between dominant wolves, power struggles are always an issue. Time and patience will be needed to make their mating work. Unfortunately, time is in short supply. New information has Dax, Noah and a team following a lead. Instinct and a bit of luck lead them to a facility and much more. Among the prisoners, they find an abused young man who calls to them both in a way that neither of them understands.

While they scramble to adjust to fate’s curveball, more information comes to light showing just how far Alpha Steele is willing to go in his quest to rule the Packs. Will their new happiness withstand the madman’s plans or be destroyed by the malevolence of his ambition?

Reader Advisory: This book contains scenes of ménage, violence and reference to sexual abuse.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22009983-our-omega?ac=1

Can we say holy hotness?? When I read the first book in the series, Accepting the Alpha, I fell in love with the fact that Ms. Black was able to take 2 alpha males and make them mesh in a way that seemed completely natural yet both men were able to keep their separate personalities, they didn’t change who they were just because of who they were with.  Also in that book, there was a ton of action and suspense that kept me on the edge of my seat just wanting to know what was going to happen next.  Why am I telling you about the other book? Because I was actually a little worried when I started this one because with how much I loved that book, I was worried I would be let down, but thankfully I wasn’t let down at all!
We were able to find out more about Noah and follow along as he was recovering from everything that he had been through in the past. It was torture for me to follow along as he was denying himself his mate, Dax, just because he felt like he was broken. But FINALLY, he was able to accept that what happened to him didn’t break him completely and he was able to accept Dax completely. I did really like Dax’s character.  I think that he had a lot to do with Noah being able to move forward instead of living in the past. And besides that, who wouldn’t love a hot alpha male!!!
I think that I was just as shocked as Noah and Dax were when they find out about their third mate. Yes I said it, a third mate! I won’t go into too much detail about him just because it was really great to get to know him as the story progressed.
There was only 1 big thing that I didn’t really enjoy about this book, hence why it’s only a 4 star rating instead of 5. The first thing is, when Noah and Dax meet their third and are learning more about him, there is no mention to what Noah had been through. With how serious of a situation that was, and with them trying to earn the trust of the “third”, you would think that would be important enough to tell him.
Besides that factor though, I did completely LOVE this book! I enjoyed how Ms. Black was able to take an M/M/M book and not follow the stereotypical story lines that come with those types of stories. I liked how she was able to make this story stand out from all the others in the genre! I just couldn’t get enough of the characters and I really can’t wait for the next book in the series!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L5K18P0/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00L5K18P0&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20&linkId=PBZWHTN5SRWKWQCT      https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-ouromega-1555707-145.html?referrer=52378e08e5757

0 comments:

Post a Comment