22 July 2014

Meeka's Reluctant Mates by Lynnette Bernard

 Mikayla "Meeka" Martin’s introduction to the shifter world was an attempted murder by her ex. She survived to birth her son and meet her best friend Suzie. When she and Suzie were rescued from the cruelty of Alpha Randall, Meeka is understandably hesitant to get close to any man. Reece and Wade are kind, gentle protectors who call to her in ways that Meeka has never thought possible. She aches to soothe their tortured souls.

Reece Hutchinson and Wade Garner are triad partners who have a secret. The silver poisoning they sustained at the hands of Alpha Randall has ruined their lives. They want to claim Meeka as their mate and Eric as their son. But it doesn’t matter what they want.

Meeka has had enough. She refuses to have her heart broken again. She is not going to allow Reece or Wade to hurt her, her son, or the baby they may have created. Sometimes men can be such idiots.

Note: While Meeka's Reluctant Mates is a stand-alone sequel, it is suggested that this series be read in numerical order for continuity.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17185523-meeka-s-reluctant-mates?ac=1

I’ve been a fan of this series since I first found it completely by accident over a year ago. Each time a new book comes out, I jump at the chance to read it.
My worry with this book was that since it was further into the series that it would feel as though some parts of the story would feel like they were repeats since I have read all of the other books. And I am so happy that even though there were some parts that were repeated, it wasn’t overdone to any degree.
I really enjoyed that we were able to spend some more time getting to know Mother Fate in this book!  She has had an important role in all of the other books, but with her in this book we find out more about her, and her sense of humor.
I also loved how Meeka has grown so much in this book.  In the previous books, she was very timid and scared, yet in this one you can see the woman that she normally is. She isn’t afraid to do what she needs to do to get what she wants, and in this case it is Reece and Wade. I usually don’t like jerk’s for main male characters, and to be honest that’s what I thought of Reece and Wade, however once learning about what they were going through and had been through it made total sense.
I feel like this book was the most emotional out of the whole series so far. Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoyed it, but it was touching on many levels and I just couldn’t get enough of it. I really can’t wait to read the next book in the series!

0 comments:

Post a Comment