12 July 2014

Seven Sons by Lili St. Germain

My father was most certainly NOT an innocent man. As the leader of the Gypsy Brothers MC, he was guilty of many things. But he died for a crime that he didn’t commit, framed by an enemy within who then stole his club and everything he had ever worked to protect.

Including my innocence.

When Dornan Ross framed my father, he set into motion a series of events that could never be undone. My father was murdered by Dornan Ross and his sons when I was fifteen years old.

Before my father died, Dornan Ross and his seven sons stole my innocence, branded my skin and in doing so, ensured that their lives would be prematurely cut short. That they would suffer.

I’ve just turned twenty-one, and I’m out for blood. I'm out for revenge.

But I didn't expect to fall for Jase, the youngest brother in the club.

I didn't expect that he would turn my world upside down, yank my heart out of my chest and ride away into the sunset with it.

Now, I'm faced with an impossible choice - Jase, or avenging my fathers death?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18751827-seven-sons?ac=1

One Down. Six to go.

Seven Sons opens on the day that Juliette “Jules” Portland is to die – the day before she is reborn as Samantha “Sammi” Peyton. As you read Jules’s story you will understand why she undergoes such an extreme transformation to become Samantha and why she embarks upon her path of vengeance. What Dornan Ross and his six sons did to Jules at the age of 16 is horrific; the things they stole from her, unforgiveable. In short, her need for vengeance is easily understood and justified. I will say that I was surprised by the path she took to infiltrate the Gypsy Brothers’ compound and it only serves to illustrate the lengths to which Samantha will go to claim vengeance for Jules. And she claims her first act of vengeance spectacularly.

Ms. St. Germain proves her skill as a writer with the way she introduces Jules’s past via Samantha’s memories. The way in which she transitions from the present and to the past is so smoothly written that I never once got confused between past and present. I particularly like the attention to the small detail that few writers include – that when Samantha is reliving her memories, she checks out and the person she is talking to has to get her attention to bring her back to the present. And the author’s choice for the prologue … superb.

The Gypsy Brothers series revolves around a motorcycle club, so if you’re familiar with the genre, you know it’s not a pretty read and Seven Sons is NOT for the faint of heart. It is, however, an intense read that has you cheering for the death of Samantha’s first target (because I cannot call any of the men victims). I am looking forward to starting Six Brothers immediately.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HNRX3AM/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00HNRX3AM&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20&linkId=WEBCJYUKEMYJRVOM

0 comments:

Post a Comment