06 August 2014

Nighttime Dreams by MA Church

 Bryan, a simple country sheriff, is ready to shoot someone and hide the body. One particular homophobic FBI agent is really pressing his buttons. Along with that he finds himself in the middle of an FBI investigation revolving around a recent UFO crash landing, is questioned about a missing friend targeted by the FBI, and makes first contact with the very alien the FBI is hunting.

Daroshi, Ma’Rairan warrior, has fulfilled his obligation to his species, and is ready to mate. As second in command he monitored the rescue of his captain who crashed on Earth while collecting his mate, and witnessed the confrontation between a country sheriff name Bryan and his captain. Impressed by how courageously the brawny human male handled meeting a fully armed alien warrior, Daroshi asks permission to take Bryan a mate.

Neither male is ready for the problems that come with Daroshi’s decision, nor the passion that explodes between them.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16138695-nighttime-dreams

I really couldn’t wait to start reading this book after finishing the first book because even though I don’t usually like sci-fi books, yet I just couldn’t get enough of this story.
While I’m glad that this book was about Bryan because he was hinted at so much in the previous book that I just couldn’t wait to hear his story. I really think that Ms. Church did a great job at telling his story, even though she leaves us with quite a cliffhanger at the end of it!  Don’t get me wrong, I still loved the story even though there was the ending that I didn’t enjoy, but thankfully the next story is already out so you can go ahead and start reading it!
I did like the amount of drama and suspense that was added into this book because it just kept me on the edge of my seat wanting to figure out what was going to happen next.  Also, I did enjoy how we were still able to catch up with Shawn and his mate as well!  The story moved along at a really quick way, but not missing any details that could leave you wanting for more.
Overall, I really enjoyed this book and I can’t wait to read the next one!

1 comment: