06 August 2014

Little Black Book by Tabatha Vargo and Melissa Andrea

 My name’s Sebastian Black, and I want to buy you. I could have any woman I want, but I choose you.
NO RELATIONSHIP, JUST SEX.

Here’s my offer…
I’ll put your name in my LITTLE BLACK BOOK, and when I want you, I’ll call you. When I call, you’re going to come, in more ways than one. It will be mutually pleasurable for both of us.

There are only two rules:
DON'T EVER DENY ME.
DON'T FALL IN LOVE.

If you do either, I’ll remove you from my book and payment stops.

Do we have an understanding?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21854045-little-black-book?ac=1

 I was so happy to find this book on Amazon, I had to instantly buy it and read it.  I was not disappointed at all and had it done in a day.  The writing style was great for me and I loved that the author didn’t get caught up in the politically correct issues such as making sure the reader knew if a condom was used or STD’s were tested for, she just laid it all out there and let the reader assume what they must.  I found that rather nice to have a story told that left me with the room to think for myself for a change. 

Sebastian Black is one sexy alpha male who had my heart from the moment he talked about being a foster kid.  Yes he had his butt head moments, but I could tell it was due to his walls that he had skillfully created to protect his heart yet now they were being tested by his Jessica.  There was an endearing quality about him and this black book he kept.  Every woman worth his time was given a cartoon characters name.  He didn’t want to know their real name, or anything personal about them.  He explains later in the book why he had been looking for his Jessica Rabbit all of his life and why cartoons were what saved him as a child.  He is now the owner of a very successful nightclub that he runs with his foster sister Vick.  He sees Rosslyn waiting tables at his bar on her first night and he knew then he had found his Jessica.

Rosslyn was raising her little brother Kyle after their grandmother had died leaving them homeless and broke.  She needed a job to get them out of sleeping in her battered old car at night so she took the job at the bar.  When he approached her to fire her and offer her the chance to be his Jessica she ran.  She was a virgin and a sweet girl, the idea of being paid for sex was repulsive to her.  When the law gets involved and she is faced with losing her brother  she goes back to Sebastian and accepts.  Their journey begins with the black book rules and will continue as long as she doesn’t get attached to him. 

There was a lot of hot scenes in this book but what I adored was how he approached her after he found out just how innocent she was.  He didn’t force the issue; he made her want him so bad she begged him to take it.  He made sure she was safe and encouraged her to face her fears.  She had found her dead parents as a young girl after a break in, she was terrified of guns.  He had a past that made him accept the rule, attack before you are attacked.  He wanted her to not freeze in fear but be able to use self-defense.  He loved watching her face when he would talk dirty to her and make her tell him what she wanted in crude terms.  To be honest they were just too perfect for each other and it was fun to watch them.  She would get upset at his behavior and he would get huffy and walk away and days later they realized they couldn’t be a part and he was back at her place cooking her breakfast half naked.

When she discovers the truth about her and Sebastian’s past things blow up and a happily ever after for them is over.  It was intense and I was flipping through those pages as fast as I could to see what happens next.  At a few points I was praying the author wouldn’t break them up forever because I had fallen for them as a couple.  I wouldn’t say this was one of the darkest and twisted books I have ever read, nor could I say it was on the highest level of twisted plots either.  I can say it had my attention and made me take notice of the events that went along in the story.  Trying to piece the puzzle together and still being surprised at the end is something that gives books high ratings in my mind.  When I can finish a book and have to take a few moments to catch my breath and clear my mind, then I give it five stars and this book did that for me.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment