12 September 2014

Twice Bitten Not Shy by Lynne St. James

 Gwendolyn Harris has no idea what she is getting involved in when Sebastian Ashford and Christian St. John hire her event planning company, An Affair to Remember, for the grand opening of their new club.

For the last few years Gwen has done nothing but work to make her business a success. But when she looks into the haunting eyes of Christian and Sebastian, she wonders if her fantasies are about to become reality. Her ex-husband decides they are a danger to her and is determined to keep her away from them.

Sebastian and Christian had been searching for the key to their curse for hundreds of years. When they realize that danger has followed them to town, they know they don’t have a lot of time. Their hearts tell them that Gwen is their one, but can they convince her before it’s too late?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16071227-twice-bitten-not-shy?from_search=true#

First let me extend my congratulations to the author for making me not only enjoy this book but reducing me to the point I couldn’t put it down till I finished it.  I am not a fan of vampire books, it is common knowledge among my friends but I wanted to give this series a try because I do enjoy book series where a BDSM club is involved and the author includes many characters.  I can honestly say, even without having what I would consider an intense BDSM scene in the book, the author made me addicted to this series because I fell in love with every character involved in the club so far. 
Gwen is building her life after she divorced Roger and trying to get her party planning business to become a success. With her assistant Bree holding down the office, she is scheduled to meet two men regarding a mysterious party they want to have, which was set up by her ex-husband.  When she arrived at this house, she had a strange feeling that this house was connected to the dreams she had been having.  When the door opened she stepped into a world that she could only fantasize about with Sebastian and Christian. 
Gwen was no stranger to the men; they had been searching for her for years and believe she is the only one who can save them from the curse that a gypsy put on them hundreds of years ago.  They had been invading her dreams and thoughts for a while now and the time had come for them to open up Eternity Club and throw a party in hopes that they could convince Gwen to give up her life to be with them and save them from certain death.
What you will find in this book is suspense, action and mystery.  What I loved most about this story and what captured my heart and interest was the author developed characters that were intelligent, compassionate and invested in each other emotionally before they had sex.  The men knew what they needed to live, but their love for Gwen was more important than their needs.  I LOVED how the author wrote the scene when Gwen found out the truth and the choice she was going to have to make, it was part of the build up to a huge suspenseful action packed event and the men still put her needs first and were patient and caring.  I think what sealed this vampire story for me was it had human angst and elements to it.  Yes there were farfetched ideas such as blood healing another person, but even with that going on the love and emotions between the characters fueled the story and carried it to the end.  
I am so excited to start the next book and see how Bree is going to handle her experience with some vampires.  I mentally compared the first book to a couple of series regarding BDSM clubs that are out on the market now so I am going to just say I would strongly suggest you read this one first.  The others might do well as a standalone but I think you will cheat yourself if you don’t know the history of the founders to this club and the reason they created it.  Make sure you keep looking for my review for the next book Twice Bitten to Paradise. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment