13 September 2014

Keeping Sarah by Julie Shelton

Honeymooning in England, Jesse Colter, Adam Sinclair and their beloved wife, Sarah, are heading for their friend Thorne Cahill’s BDSM club for dinner when another car deliberately tries to run them off the road. Thanks to their own driver’s skills, the other car is destroyed, the two unknown occupants killed.
Through Thorne, they discover that they’re the targets of a “blood feud”, instigated by Konstandin Sokolov, son of Viktor Sokolov, the Albanian mobster who had unwisely kidnapped Sarah a few months back, and paid for it with his life. They also discover that Thorne’s guests, ruthless human traffickers, have gathered for a slave auction being held the following night. Konstandin Sokolov happens to be one of the buyers.
Fraught with treachery, betrayal, and deadly danger, Keeping Sarah keeps the reader on a knife’s edge of tension, while simultaneously exploring the deepening emotional commitment between Jesse and Adam. They already trust each other with their lives. Now they must learn how to trust each other with their love.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22914344-keeping-sarah?ac=1

So, in effort to be perfectly honest, I was completely COMPLETELY caught off guard with this book.  And probably not for the reasons that you may think.  I have read the other books in this series, and while I did like them, I didn’t love them because honestly, Sarah’s character drove me up the wall with how she was.
To me, she was very immature, childish, and just not a very strong female character.  She enjoyed saying “Holy Moley” way too much and just couldn’t seem to understand that by being in a ménage relationship that that meant that she had 2 guys who loved her, and wanted to be with her.  Strange I know hu?  Now why do I bring all of that up?  Because in this book? Sarah seriously became an AMAZING character.  She had strength, courage, she didn’t “holy moley” in every sex scene.  She showed backbone when needed, and she was willing to stand up to her men in this story.
With how much her character had grown, that seriously made this book so much better for me.  I couldn’t turn the pages quick enough because I was so drawn into the story that I didn’t want to put it down once I started. The action and suspense of the story was so well written that it drew me in and I actually ended up telling my mama about parts of it.  There are twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat, and I honestly just couldn’t get enough of it.
Overall, I am so glad that I took the chance on finishing this series because I completely loved this book.  Ms. Shelton did a great job with this series and I can’t wait to read more from her in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment