22 October 2014

Claimed by the Enchanter by Gianna Simone

 Regine Marchand loves being in control – and the role of domme is the perfect way for her to exert that control. An accomplished equestrian, she has her goals of championship in sight and no one will get in her way. Her life and future are in her hands, she doesn’t need to depend on anyone for success and happiness.

Cameron McIntyre is fascinated by the cool façade Regine displays, but senses the depth of passion lurking under her surface. Despite her protests to the contrary, he recognizes in her a desire to submit and be dominated. But when he is forced to suspend her from competition due to performance enhancement spells used on her horse, he worries he may drive her away, instead of into his arms. Believing her innocent of the charges, he vows to help her uncover who set her up while convincing her that submission to him is what she truly wants and needs. Submitting to the tall Irishman brings a new level of pleasure Regine has never known, at the same time making her question everything she knew about herself.

Regine is unaware an enemy from her past has targeted her for revenge. Together she and Cameron must discover who wants to knock her out of competition for good, possibly killing her in the process.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18366694-claimed-by-the-enchanter?ac=1

I actually read the first 2 books in this series last year sometime, and I completely loved them.  When I saw that this book was on my kindle, I just couldn’t wait to start reading it because of how much I enjoyed the other books.  I’m glad to say that I loved this book as much as the others and I’m so glad that I went searching through my kindle that day!

If you haven’t read the other books, you don’t really need to to get a complete understanding of this one.  While they are good because you get to find out more about some of the other characters mentioned, it’s not required. 

With that being said, I think that out of the series, this is my favorite one just because of how different it is than anything I have read recently.  I love the twist of a Domme being a sub for a man, and I thought that Ms. Simone did a great job with those parts of the book.  She also did a really good job at explaining how just because a woman submits, it doesn’t make her any less powerful.  I thought that the characters were all written very well, I especially liked Regine because of how emotional yet strong she was.

The twists of the storyline did keep my attention and the smutty scenes?  Oh yeah, they were smuttastic! 

Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading the paranormal genre and enjoys a book with well written smutty scenes in it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment