22 October 2014

Dangerous Beauty by Tali Spencer

Once the Kordeun family ruled Sebboy…now they are imperial captives of the Uttoran Emperor. Devout and studious, Endre Kordeun loves his family and will do anything to free them, even if that means pretending he’s gay so he can pass messages to his father’s shady allies. With his golden good looks and a beautiful male courtesan posing as his lover, Endre finds Uttor’s decadent society more than willing to believe his ruse.

But when a passionate kiss from a dark, gorgeous man unlocks feelings Endre had been hiding even from himself, lies start to unravel. Arshad, prince of Tabar, is Endre’s match in every way…including a shared love for science and celestial mechanics. Going forward with his charade will be dangerous, and not only because he might be discovered. In that event, even his own father would kill him. How much is Endre willing to risk for love?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17282749-dangerous-beauty?ac=1

I read the first book in this series almost 2 years ago, but I can still remember what it was about as soon as I started this book.  But also on that note, while it would be good to read book 1 to get more of a backstory of what is going on in this book, you don’t really have too because Ms. Spencer gives an amazing amount of details to fill you in on what you have missed.

I really enjoyed this book, if you couldn’t tell from my 5 star rating that is!  When I started reading the story, I wasn’t expecting to be taken on the journey that I was and I loved that about it.   The characters and the storyline were done so extremely well that I didn’t want the story to end.  I thought that Ms. Spencer did a great job with Endre’s character because it was so easy to follow his emotions, and feel the pain and confusion that he was feeling with everything that was happening around him.  It was hard NOT to feel anything for him because he was a character that I wanted to keep safe no matter what.

Arshad’s character was also really well written.  Ms. Spencer did a great job with him because even though he was this big and powerful man, you got to see that he was still just a man. 

The drama and suspense in this book was done extremely well in my opinion.  Ms. Spencer has a way with this story that it kept my attention and kept me wanting to read more and find out what was going to happen next.

Overall, I would say if you enjoy this genre, then you should really check this book out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment