20 October 2014

Fairy Tales and Ever Afters by Danielle Monsch

 Once upon a Time, in a Kingdom that was just a little twisted (oh yeah, and kinda far away) come find out why hanging with the Fairy Godmothers is the only way to explore Happily Ever After...

This Edition contains the first two books of the Fairy Tales & Ever Afters series

Loving a Fairy Godmother:

It ain't easy being the only Fairy Godfather in existence, especially when the Fairy Godmother of your dreams wants you kicked out of the program.
 
Tiernan is given his hardest assignment yet - get a girl by the name of Cinderella her HEA or lose his status as a Fairy Godfather. His supervisor for this job is none other than Reina, the one woman he's interested in and the one woman who wants nothing to do with him. Well, Reina better watch out, because Tiernan has decided Fairy Godmothers deserve to have Happily Ever Afters too.

Loving an Ugly Beast:

When a Beast gets a chance to become a Beauty, he takes it.

Benton never cared what anyone thought of him until Nissa entered his life, and to win her love he would do anything, including make a wish to a Fairy Godmother for a beast to become a beauty. Now he is everything he wasn't before - handsome, charming, and ready for his Happily Ever After. But does Nissa really prefer beauty, or will she fight to get her beast back?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22459512-fairy-tales-and-ever-afters-books-one-two
Loving a Fairy Godmother:


As shocking as it is for me personally, I’m really enjoying the whole new twist on the fairy tales that some authors are doing now.  I wasn’t sure how I would feel about them, but they are actually growing on me and I really enjoy them.

That was the case with this book because at first, I wasn’t sure how I would feel about it because I haven’t read anything else by this author in the past.  But I really enjoyed how I was pulled into the story and it did keep my attention.

I thought that Ms. Monsch did a great job with the characters; it was so easy to tell how Reina felt about Tiernan throughout the story.  I really enjoyed Reina the most out of the other characters that were mentioned just because it was so easy to like her!  I thought that Tiernan was a jerk sometimes, and he was really portrayed like that so I don’t feel that bad. 

The only thing that I didn’t like about this story was that I was hoping for more drama to be attached to their “mission to save Tiernan”.  I was a bit disappointed when that part of the story ended because I was so looking forward to finding out what was going to be thrown in the road and tip them over!

Overall though, I did enjoy this story and I can’t wait to read the next one in the bundle.
Loving an Ugly Beast:


This story made this bundle completely worth it!  I completely loved the twists and turns that were in this story because it kept me on the edge of my seat and kept me wanting for more!!

I thought the characters were written extremely well; but my favorite by far is Benton.  There was just something about him that drew my attention and I kept rooting for him throughout the story.  I really do love it when an author is able to have a character that has such an impact to where even after I finish reading the book, they stick in my head.

This is also the story that makes me want to get the rest of the books in the series and has given this author a fan for life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment