21 October 2014

Icebound by Corinna Rogers

 It’s been ten years since Shane Conell sold his soul to the Ice King in order to save the life of the man he loves. Correction, loved.

After ten years, it’s growing difficult to remember love, and hate, and laughter – until a chance appears to get back the only thing his frozen heart still wants…

Drake Young is doing fine. Really. He’s got a good job, nice benefits, and the soulless husk of his old lover only comes by to torment him every so often. However, it only takes the appearance of a creature from the Etherworld wreaking havoc on the decidedly nonmagical city streets to drag him out of retirement, forcing him to team up with the one person he can’t bear even to look at!

Now, Drake and Shane must race against the clock to keep their city from being destroyed, even if it means working together. And no matter how difficult it is to catch the creature, it’s a hell of a lot more difficult to resist the urges that ten years haven’t managed to kill.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23123330-icebound?ac=1

This book does have some scenes in it that had me scratching my head, mainly cause I was a bit confused as to what was going on and why they were there.  But even though that was happening, I couldn’t seem to put the book down and I wanted to know what was going to happen next.

I would consider this a paranormal with a twist because it was so left field in all the paranormal books that I have read recently, that it caught me off guard and I loved that about it.  I wasn’t really sure how I felt about the characters, Shane comes off as a massive stalker, and Drake was just overall confusing. 

While I don’t usually like books that “go back in time” I thought that Ms. Rogers did a great job with those parts of the story.  They blended well enough that it wasn’t a completely abrupt change of pace, but they were there for information needed. 

I haven’t read anything by Ms. Rogers in the past, but I can tell you that there was just something about this book that has stayed with me and makes me want to read more in the future.

I would recommend this book to people who enjoy reading outside of the *normal* paranormal genre and want to read about some strange characters!

0 comments:

Post a Comment