19 October 2014

In the Raw by Nikka Michaels and Eileen Griffin

If you can't take the heat…

James Lassiter has had a crush on fellow culinary student Ethan Martin for three years, but has never had the guts to make a move. Putting himself out there is hard, especially when under the thumb–and wallet–of his overbearing parents. Now that bad boy chef Ethan–who is always vying with Jamie for best in class–is struggling with the pastry course, Jamie suddenly has a reason to reach out.

Ethan doesn't mean to be an ass–okay, so mostly he does–but even though he's secretly hot for Jamie, he sure as hell doesn't want help with pastry. Ever since his dad walked out, Ethan has been the one to hold things together and he's done fine on his own. Except that he can't get his cake to rise.

Jamie could be the answer to what Ethan's been missing his whole life–someone to depend on. But with the two competing for the same scholarship, things suddenly get too hot to handle. And if Jamie finds the strength to go for what he wants, he isn't about to settle for what he needs.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22599510-in-the-raw?ac=1

I actually enjoyed this book a lot more than I thought that I would when I started it.  To me, it started out a little bit slow, but it definitely picked up speed because before I knew it, I was at the end of the book and I didn’t want it to be over! 

This is the first time that I have read anything by these authors, but I do think that they did a great job at writing together.  There was no obvious “writer changes” that I could see while reading it.  I thought that the characters were done extremely well; I do love characters that there are a lot of anguish surrounding them.  And with these two men?  There was plenty!

It was really easy to connect with Ethan’s character, and I think that’s because I know what it’s like to be working hard to support yourself and your loved ones.  But even though he came off as a jerk, it was so easy to see through him and see the real him.

Jamie though was really sweet, right from the start.  I loved how he was throughout the story and I thought that he was the perfect fit for Ethan.  I am left wondering as to what is going to happen to Ethan and Jamie in the future, and I really hope that the authors do tell us more about that!

Overall, I completely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys this genre because it’s completely worth the read!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for reading and reviewing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the wonderful words about our book :)

    ReplyDelete